Sewing items for Christmas?

OK Ladies & Gentlemen,

Did anyone get any wonderful sewing items for Christmas? Did your DH or family make a "hit" by getting you that perfect sewing item? Let's share since I love to not only give gifts but hear how others received just that wonderful gift from that special someone who cares.....Mercedes

Hi Mercedes--we did a simultaneous posting on the same subject!!!

Separated at birth, perhaps?:P

My Guild small group had a gift exchange early in December and we had a great time--lots of small sewing gifts--pins, scissors fobs, FQs, etc.

DS gave a Gift certificate to my LQS.

Den is getting me news wheels for my Milli.

He also made me a deluxe batting holder/bar.

I gave my best quilting buddy an all-day quilt adventure. She doesn't drive so I am transporting her to her favorite quilt shop with cash to spend and a nice lunch. This is a gift for me as well--I get to spend time with my friend, get a great meal, and also buy fabric!! Talk about win/win!!:D

Linda, Wow, sounds like you had a great Christmas and to have a DH talented enough to make the batting bar holder - lucky you! You and your friend will have so much fun - what a great gift.

Sandra,

Aren't gift certificates wonderful - you can get exactly what you want! Mercedes

I got two Secret Santa gifts from the British quilters List I belong too. We could choose to make or buy a small gift, or do both.

My made gift was a lovely apron and a note book with some 6x6 quilt squares made into flowers.

My bought gift was a quilt pattern and some thread and a selection of 6x6 fabric squares.

My DS also has given me some pennies for Christmas in lieu of buying some new boards from R & S designs when their Janauary sale starts. Here is the link of the ones I am getting. I think they are lovely. I think my DS is lovely too. :)

http://www.urbanelementz.com/shop/product/winter-wonderland/

Oops posted the wrong link. The tops one is the panto

http://www.urbanelementz.com/shop/product/winter-wonderland-design-board/

I got a Wacom Bamboo tablet so now I can audition quilt designs before actually quilting. Before, I took a picture, printed it, put it in a plastic sleeve, then drew with marker. DH thought the tablet would be a better way. I was totally surprised. It's backordered so only got a picture but I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Okay, here I go. I got the Pajama quilter reloaded. Absolutely

great for a newbie (me). Have been practicing for the last 48 hrs

and by golly the flowers are starting to look like....."flowers".

I got some templates and (2) Pam Clark stencils. My hubby made me a pretty little table which sits on top of my pickup and

quilt top roller. I can watch my quilt video's while I practice.

Cool....cool.....cool...........

Archived