It has been a long haul getting through Christmas, Children, Grand Children, friends, meals, laundry...Wow! I love to see everyone come, but......our life is usually so quiet...This is a little top that I pieced over the holidays with the help of my GD's. They went home just before New Years, and I finished it up last night. Any ideas to quilt this one? I know much won't show, but I really want to practice freehand.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season, and that 2010 is your best year yet!

post--13461903069144_thumb.jpg

My GD's are horse crazy! They just got new big girl beds for Christmas, so this will go on one of the beds..... Now to find another horse fabric for the other GD. Both have to get the same so there is no pouting.

Abigal, that is what I was thinking, making it look like it was woven. I am a visual person, can you show mw what you mean? A few more tweaks to my table, rollers and wheels and I think I will be ready to try.

Sorry Dory, but it does have horses in it!!!

www.designsbyvickie.com has a great horseshoe panto. I love Vickie's pantos. They sew out fast and look great.

I used this panto a while back on a rail fence quilt with horse fabrics. It looked great and the recipients (horse people) loved it.

You can see several pictures in my webshots 2008 album. It is Lynette & Dale's quilt.

I thin the barbed wire would be nicew too. You could also do bamboo and or 1, 2, 3's like Myrena Ficken does. Or enve a comination ot the barbed wire the Myrna's sitiches. All would have a point in the design!

I love how you used the fabrics.!

Dutchman, that is just way too cute....that would be wonderful. My email: k.martin@xplornet.com.

Thanks for the suggestions, i am off today to find a backing for it, finish tweeking my table and machine, and hopefully will be ready to roll tonight or in the morning...will post a picture when I am done.

Archived