quilt a zoid templates

I have used the tracing templates and I love them. I have almost all of them. I have used the 1/4" cross hatching the most but if you go to their website you can see my sampler and all the designs I was able to come up with the various templates. They are very easy to use. I would start with the shapes that jump out to you personally and then build.

Originally posted by penelopefabric

OH MY GOSH!! I LOOKED AT YOUR QUILT FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES YESTERDAY AND NEVER REALIZED IT WAS YOURS (NO PRETTY PICTURE OF YOU BY IT) i LOOKED AT MS PICKENS LAST WEEK ANOTHER WOW! THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONCE I AM DEFINITLY GOING TO ORDER ONE.

You are not one of my kids' friends. You CAN call me Kristina. I do not bite! Growl a little maybe...but never bite. :P

We bought 3 of the tracing templates when we bought the quiltazoid. Maybe DH just hasn't gotten the hang of it yet but he says it seems like he spends all his time securing his thread at the start and stop points because the best he can figure, most are not continous lines. We bought 2 (5 piece) sets of the connecting templates on the back of the machine (good for newbies) and he loves them, but just hasn't gotten very far yet with the rest of it. I have to mention that the customer service is absolutely wonderful with the quiltazoid.

Cheri Blevins

Originally posted by lcquilting

I should be getting a quiltazoid soon from adam & linda to test for them on my gammill.

Since we're on the subject, how hard is it to figure out? Set-up, move around...etc.?

I'm a little nervous with the set-up etc. If I like it, I may purchase it.....

The Quiltazoid is very easy to use and set-up. There is a terrific video demo that comes with it too. Adam is also a pro at trouble shooting with you over the phone. If you get into a bind don't hesitate to ask any of us for help!

Originally posted by cblevins

We bought 3 of the tracing templates when we bought the quiltazoid. Maybe DH just hasn't gotten the hang of it yet but he says it seems like he spends all his time securing his thread at the start and stop points because the best he can figure, most are not continous lines. We bought 2 (5 piece) sets of the connecting templates on the back of the machine (good for newbies) and he loves them, but just hasn't gotten very far yet with the rest of it. I have to mention that the customer service is absolutely wonderful with the quiltazoid.

Cheri Blevins

Cheri - I'm not sure which templates your hubby is having to spend time on start and stops. It took me a while to figure out that on some of them I can stitch the top part first and then when I get around I do the bottom part and that way I don't have starts and stops. Most of the templates can be done continuously. If you want to email me which ones he is having to start and stop I'll see if I can tell him how to make it continous.

Heidi,

Have you forgotten you are in a time crunch to get your masterpiece finished? We aren't in any hurry. He has lots of toys to play with at the moment. We will certainly take you up on the offer when you have more time. A phone conversation while he is actually doing it might be best if you can fit it in later. Quit being so darned nice and helpful and concentrate on your quilt:mad: Does that look stern enough:P

Cheri Blevins

Originally posted by cblevins

Heidi,

Have you forgotten you are in a time crunch to get your masterpiece finished? We aren't in any hurry. He has lots of toys to play with at the moment. We will certainly take you up on the offer when you have more time. A phone conversation while he is actually doing it might be best if you can fit it in later. Quit being so darned nice and helpful and concentrate on your quilt:mad: Does that look stern enough:P

Cheri Blevins

LOL don't you know woman can multi-task? I wish I could be home quilting at the moment but my day job sure gets in my way!!!!

Day jobs can be a bit of a hassle. The weatherman is predicting snow tonight and tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed for school to be out the next couple of days. There is nothing much better than snow days in my opinion. I am piecing a beautiful quilt and would love to have those days off to work on it! Once you get your quilt finished it would be great to give you our # and let you sort of walk him through a few things on the quiltazoid. Thank you so much for always being ready to help out those of us that are just learning.

Cheri Blevins

Cheri,

I so wish I'd get a snow day but in the 7 years I've worked at this institute we've never had a snow day! Now that does not mean that I come in. I'm not risking my life to drive in a foot of snow. My boss is flexible and I just work at home on those days. I will probably be taking a few personal days in the next month or two! I still have a couple of customer quilts to do too!

lcquilting--good for you for taking the tester route--when you receive it remeber that you are a tester and that if something seems not right just let Adam know and you guys can figure out the best route to go--he is very accomodating and always open to new ideas and suggestions!!!

As far as ease in use--the more you use the QZ the less intimitading it will seem!!--which says a lot--because I am very nonmechanical!!--I try to put circles and designs on everything!!!!

For those interested in more of the tracing templates--If you included the spirograph as part of your package--I would strongly recommend the "little bit of everything" template--that way you can put a "frame" around your spiros.

If you do a lot of QOV quilts--then the "stars and such" might be great template for you. I think one must look at the type of quilts that one makes and see what quilting designs would compliment that type of quilts.

Cheri--I agree with Heidi on the stops and starts of the tracing templates. I have tried several of them and also will do the top half of a motif--rotate the template the appropriate number of notches--then do another half motif--until I get back to where I started. Then do the bottom half of the motif and contiune on in the same manner until I get back to the start.

I have also found that for some of the motifs if I am using a fine thread I can backtrack to the next starting point--and my backtracking will be right on the money!!

You are welcome to ask for help any time--just let me know!!!

Linda--I saw the template special too--and need to pay my taxes first and then will consider rounding out my collection!!!!

which do you prefer ... front- or back-loaded? I was just at the site and saw there was a choice. Knowing nothing but looking at the prices (gulp ...) thought I'd ask - for future reference ... geez, so many 'tools' - CL, Hartley Fence, Quiltazoid, and goodness knows what else!! No wonder I still have this J-O-B which is interfering terribly with my dancing with Max! Twirl twirl, glide glide ... and bow!

Dancing Bear--I am a totally "work from the front" kind of gal--I don't even know how to use panto's:o:o--so that is what sold me on the QZ--the ability to use a tool that was designed for front of the machine use!

So easy to use the spriograph maker--add a circle or two around the spiro-then slide the whole contraption to the side and add all the freehand do-dads to the design to make it totally mine!! And all the while right at the front of the machine so I can see right where the design is going and not have to reach over the back and look.

This is just what works the best for me!!!

Archived