Bobbin washers

I have a Prodigy Quilter. Sharon Schamber endorses using the Bobbin Genies. A package of the Bobbin Genies came with the machine, so I have used them. My older APQS Ultimate II was never impressed with them, but since the Prodigy Quilter bobbin case has no metal back lash spring I've been using them.

They are O.K....

I found my local sewing machine dealer had Metal back lash springs that would fit the size L Prodigy Quilter bobbin case, and that's what I'm using now. I prefer the metal back lash spring for several reasons...First of all I'm no longer dependent on the Bobbin Genies, (I'm on my second package) because they are always getting dropped down under the frame or even rolled up into the quilt if I don't find a good spot to change bobbins near the bobbin winder. My little dog likes to carry them off if they drop on the floor too. Or I end up vacuuming them up! They are probably a good idea, but I'm just tired of dealing with those round discs! Give me a good old fashioned metal back lash spring any day! :)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! :)

Archived