New Pampasclam template from CL

Carol,

Lookin' good! My template came last week. Now just need time to play. (Maybe we will have another 'snow day' and I can stay home. Have already had four, but no new toys then!)

How fast does this one go compared to some of the others? It looks like heavier quilting. What do you plan to charge when you use it if you don't mind sharing that info?

Keep posting those pictures.

Thanks

Originally posted by LindaFritchen

Carol,

Lookin' good! My template came last week. Now just need time to play. (Maybe we will have another 'snow day' and I can stay home. Have already had four, but no new toys then!)

How fast does this one go compared to some of the others? It looks like heavier quilting. What do you plan to charge when you use it if you don't mind sharing that info?

Keep posting those pictures.

Thanks

Linda.....It does take a very small amount of extra time. I hope Michael puts up that little video. There is a way to do it that looks better than what I was originally doing. As for price, I know you can charge more for these designs but because I love the results, they're really fast for me, they are no-brainers, always look great they (king templates) are one of my most inexpensive designs. I really dislike my pantos now. I have liked this design since Kay did the pampas by hand. I tried that but because the lines were'nt consistant, it really bothered me. My customer just loves this one and is already making another quilt for it. The clams are larger than the original clams but because of the extra lines, it really needed to be. You don't have to just do the lines in it. Because the clam is larger, you can put a loop, leaf, or whatever in that corner and they don't have to be as consistant as those little lines. (my opinion) This is going to be one of my favorites. You can also skip some clams or do every other one.

Greetings from chilly Iowa! Hello, everyone! I've never posted before....simply stayed on the other side of the screen and absorbed all the wonderful information and beautiful work you have all done. But now I must ask....where can I see these templates in action? I would love to view the other templates but also watch the video you spoke of. It's marvelously exciting and addictive!!! And by the way.....you are all a wonderful source for renewed energy!!!

Thanks!

Rhondalea

cook.rhonda@gmail.com

Originally posted by lyonden

You don't have to just do the lines in it. Because the clam is larger, you can put a loop, leaf, or whatever in that corner and they don't have to be as consistant as those little lines. (my opinion) This is going to be one of my favorites. You can also skip some clams or do every other one.

Carol-- As you are quilting the clam shell, when would you add the loops or leaves? Do you lift the stylus and add stitches as you are working from the back, or go in later from the front and add them?

I would lift the stylus while doing the clam. I tried it with the pampas lines but couldn't get them to match. With a loop or leaf, they wouldn't have to match exactly. You could always go back when the quilt is finished and just add some little treasures in some of them.

Archived