ideas needed / wanted from all my quiltey friends

this is a clients quilts , I do have some ideas but would love to here what yours are . I have felt a little down the last couple of weeks .... burn out maybe .... please doodle away let me see your ideas . What design would u put inside the Kimono ? I will do a asian looking flower in the dark purple border ... Kimonos will need to have many thread changes I think

lets see if the photos show up ......

thanks

Hugs Carol

2432761850103748366S425x425Q85.jpg

2854883430103748366S425x425Q85.jpg

2430892560103748366S425x425Q85.jpg

2082497830103748366S425x425Q85.jpg,

I would look for some pictures of actual kimonos and try to add the kimono details to the kimonos on the quilt -- maybe webshots or some library books? Like, I know they have a sash in the middle, and a big bow on back, right? Maybe lines in the sleeves to accentuate the way they hang/drape on the arms?

The ladies all have such good Kimono ideas, in the lanterns I'd use the yin and yang symbol and shadow the top and bottom to accent them. I think one may incorporate glitter and or metallic thread on the Kimono's. Good luck!! Let us see when your done. Have a great day! Sew we'll see you later. ------------Dave B.

Carol - I like Kats idea, to add a belt, sash, or bow-like kind of detail to the Kimonos. That is the first thought I had too.

As for the laterns - I would make them into the folded lantern with the quilting - border off the top ridge then quilting the "folded" paper lines up and down to the top. Those lines could curve with it, all go straight up and down, or all meet in the center. I would have to chalk it on them and see which I liked best.... after looking at it for a bit.

Personally I would use a Gold metallic thread on all of the pieces - I love that look on the asian fabrics. Plays well together! I do like the Bamboo that Sheri posted - that would look great on there someplace too!

Good Luck - can't wait to see the finished photos!! :cool: What a fun quilt!

Archived