Quilts for Granddaughters

The following pictures are the quilts that I made for my two GD's for Xmas. My 11 year old GD LOVES anything pink or purple, which will explain why I made it with the fabrics that I did. She is a girly-girl so likes everything very feminine. This was the first pantograph that I did on a "real quilt".......

"100_1280"

"100_1283"

I think I should have quilted a little faster so that it would have been a little smoother, but oh well, all part of the learning process.

The next pictures are of the quilt that I made for my 16 year old GD. She is a tomboy and doesn't want anything frilly or feminine at all! And to make it even more challenging, her favorite colors are red, black and a bright green. (Her bedroom is painted the deeper shade of the green in this quilt.) Once I was able to find my "focus fabric" with these colors in them, I was very happy with how this quilt came together. I also did a pantograph on this quilt and was very happy with the end results. But my favorite way to quilt is still on the front of the machine, learning how to "do my own thing". :D:D

"100_1288"

"100_1285"

Marilyn

Great job on both quilts and the matching cases with their names embroidered are just the finishing touch. How wonderful to be able to do this for your GD's. I have my work cut out for me, so far I have only made baby blankets, but as they out grow them it is on to bigger quilts. My oldest grandson turns 10 the end of March. I think it might be time to start with his and work my way down. My the time the youngest, now 3 gets to be 10 I will have to start over with college quilts. LOL It is a never ending blessing that we are able to give. So much fun too. Love both your colors and quilting.

Archived