A word of warning

I have google alerts set up for several searches related to my business. This shows what new things come up for certain searches. Anything posted on these bards comes up when I search for "Ferret Quilter" so potential customers may well be reading these posts. I just thought that it was worth mentioning.

Ferret

Hi All,

I was surpised as well.......... then I had a little think about it.

1. No one has ever mentioned a customer by name that I can recall.

2. This forum is not only designed for the social interaction of its members. It is a forum designed for contact with other quilting professionls to discuss problems or triumphs arising from the businesses we run - be that customers, quilting designs, piecing, smelly quilts, special feathers that just turned out really cool etc etc This forum is a learning tool, but that doesn't mean it has to be a learning tool for Longarmers only. If a quilter/piecer happens to read 20 replies that echo a certain member's issues regarding wavy borders, then hopefully they see that it is a problem universally, not just some nitpicking Longarmer who they think is suffering from a specially bad case of PMS (- sorry to our men quilters here- can't think of a an equivalent for you guys.:P)

3. This forum accepts anyone and makes them feel welcome. You don't have to have to be an APQS owner, you don't even need to have a machine to participate here. Everyone can have their one or two cents worth of opinions. Like any group of friends, we can lean on each other, we can request most anything from advice, patterns to fabric. We can vent and we can sometimes "noisly" discuss" various topics . In short, we can depend on each other.

4. I thought that most of us would always use the "thumper rule" anyway - most quilters are just nice people and don't like being mean or nasty. We all seem to embrace the concept of "free speech" no matter where in the world we come from. Infact, it is one of the most interesting things about reading the different replies and the different philosophies behind those answers. However, not living in a perfect world, we do need a forum to be able to vent or turn to, when our immediate world doesn't understand - we can all have a good laugh at rogue bobbins and thread, fun discussions on why it is not good to slap your machine, Mary Beth ;), frustrations at not having that perfect stitch, that #**&%# thread breaking for the nth time or the need to share that perfect cheesecake recipe! We, like all friends, are watching each others children grow, sharing their milestones or are obliged to share our grandchildren and their antics. If we need it we can ask for prayers and thoughts.

Sorry for the lenghty opinion. This forum just happens to be a compulsory morning and evening stopover for me, to catch up with friends and ideas. I would hate to see this forum highjacked by a fear that someone's customer might read something that is not to their liking, concerning a problem that most likely has already been discussed with them.

Love this group!!

I agree with you Susanne, but I felt it was worth reminding people. It's easy to think of this as almost a private club, when in fact it's closer to having it on a billboard. It is a pretty polite groups and I tend to be very frank with my customers so I figure they know about their quilts issues as soon or sooner than here.

Ferret

Wow Susanne-you said it ALL and so well!

Thank you for saying what we all are thinking!

I will add, when anyone jumps on and trashes any specific person or makes inflammatory comments, the members here are the first to call a stop to it and/or alert the admin to remove the offending post. And yet APQS will let us vent and I hope realizes that we do a great job or self-policing this place we feel so safe visiting.

Thanks Susanne!

Archived