NQR - Olympic Torch Run

I'm watching the opening ceremonies right now. I love to see what they are all wearing.

It was so sad to hear about the death of that young man. When his team paraded out 10 minutes ago, they really looked so somber and all wore black scarves. What a shame!

Darlene, I think the quilt you are planning to make from your Dad's shirts is a wonderful idea and will be very therapeutic. I'm sure there will be lots of tears as you handle each piece of clothing and remember him wearing them. This quilt will certainly become a family heirloom.

Wasn't that amazing?!?!?! HOW did they DO that?! Cirque de Soleil has nothing on that! WOW! Wish I'd made the effort to get tickets.

My hubby is on his way home from an out of town business trip and told me to tell him all about it when he gets home. Yeah right!!! :o:o:o:o

Rick Hansen, Nancy Green, Steve Nash, Catriona LeMay Doan and Wayne Gretzky all lit the cauldron inside the stadium. Then Wayne traveled with the flame to the site of the outdoor cauldron and lit it while fireworks went off over the water. Brilliant! :)

Darlene,

Were you able to get any work done on your dad's quilt? I couldn't take my eyes off the opening ceremonies, it was just spectacular! I've always loved KD Lang, but she was brilliant last night. What a moving song and such a beautiful voice. The whales were just adorable. And the torch lighting, simply stunning. So many eye catching performances. I heard it was the most watched opening ceremony outside of the US. Hats off to the Canadians!!!

Archived