I ordered edgeriders

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Well, I'm not getting any younger and, even though I've always loved my Liberty, there are definitely days when I wish she were a bit smoother (read that as I wish I would be a lot smoother). So, I've ordered a set of edgerider wheels. A friend on Longarm Chat was raving about what a difference they made in her machine, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. I'll let you all know how I do when they arrive. Hopefully, they'll be here this weekend -- I ordered from Kingsmen and they're sending them priority mail.

Linda

Linda...congrats! I've been wondering about them for a long while. I will look forward to your review, my Liberty-sister!!

I have learned that you will have to raise the poles a bit...which concerned me because with my CL, and base expander, they are about as high as I can get them without falling off! Really, they are barely threaded in the holders. Hope that goes well for you.

I also understand ER's last about 5 years. How old are your current wheels...how old is your machine?

With MQX coming up, I'm planning on checking them out closely there!!! Only 50 more days....

Enjoy them!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

CL

NW NJ

Guest Linda S

Hi Lisa - I got my Liberty in 2004. It still had the old-style orange wheels on it. I loved it then, but when the new APQS black wheels came out, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. ;) If the edgeriders end up being an improvement on those, I will be over the moon! I have what's called essential (or familial) tremor -- it makes my hands shake. Sometimes, when I'm really stressed (like when trying to do a beautiful job on a quilt) it gets really bad, so I need all the help I can get. I can't use it as an excuse though, really. There is another quilter who has the same thing, and she's not using it as an excuse -- SHARON SCHAMBER!! Man, if only I could quilt like she does!

Linda

Guest Linda S

Oops! Forgot to say that with only 50 days left to MQX, I'd best get those wheels on and get a flaming burning out the back of me a mile long! I have a sample quilt to make for my basics class and I need to do the whole prep for the garments class. I'm so excited though. It will be so fun to see everyone again.

Archived