Why is it...?

Why is it that when you have the most time constraints that Millie doesn't want to play??? I am finally over my cold and have a day off and am ready to quilt the day away. Quilted all day for 2 days over the week end and all was great. I have 3 days to get this quilt done and have 3 more quilts waiting. This morning, from the get go, nothing is working right. Tension is off, can't get it right. Thread is breaking, and needle up down won't stop. Grrrr! I have the fix for the needle up down (APQS sent me the instructions to make the adjustment), but I don't know what happened with my tension. It was perfect 2 days ago. I didn't change anything. I am quilting on the same quilt, mono on top, so-fine in bobbin, but the top is waaay to loopy. Checked thread path, replaced bobbin, adjusted tension.... What next?? What am I missing?

Okay, I'm done venting. I'll have a cuppa, breathe, then try her again.

Peggy

Okay Peggy. Breath deep!

At this point I'd be checking that I didn't have any thread caught in the tension discs or in the bobbin case or casing or in the check spring. If nothing found, then open her up and check the flywheel for thread.. Also, could your hopping foot have moved up or down? Check that it is still at 1 business card width.

And of course - I expect you already changed the needle and silly question - it is facing the right way.

Yuppers, always always always check your thread path. :)

The other night I was quilting a baby quilt and the top thread tension was HORRIBLE and my thread (Robison Anton cotton) kept breaking and I could not figure out what the HECk was going on... and ya know I was getting mad and lo and behold the thread was not under the little L bar thingie. I fixed the thread path so it was running under the L bar thingie and all was well (plus a little sewer's aid, too, did the trick)

Glad you are back up and running....

Archived