Here's one for all of you Batik lovers

This one had me stumped for weeks! :mad: The poor thing, I kept putting it farther back in the line-up. I had no clue what to do with it. It is one of those customers that says "do whatever you want" although she did say she wanted a block and border design rather than an overall.

If only I could have waited til Myrna comes in September!

Patty

Hi Myrna & Cathy,

Thank you for your comments! Yes, Cathy, that is a panto in the border. I wish I could do that freehand :P I did put a little freehand in the blank spaces as the panto kind of zig zags across the space. It is Jodi Beamish's "Whirlygig".

Patty - Great job! I love it! Very nice - your customer will be so happy!

Did you draw-up that flower in your blocks yourself? It looks similar to the

panto design. Or did it come with it?

Thanks for sharing the photo - keep 'em coming!

Rita,

I just got done with my first Batik quilt aka "the quilt from H***" It was batik top and bottom and cotton batting...I sewed, I checked, I FROGGED the whole first width of the quilt. The secret turned out to be more slack in the top. I had the top too tight between the rollers. That and making sure I kept my stitches small (I don't have a SR). I was about to return the quilt but this forum saved the day again!!!

By the way, when you need to close the holes from frogging... spritz with a little water and use the plastic brush end of a chalk pencil like an eraser. I also threw the whole thing in the dryer with a wet towel on fluff.

Good luck, and remeber... That which does not kill us makes us stronger ;)

Leslie

Archived