which 4 CL templates do you like?

newmillie2010

I am overwhelmed by the CL templates. I would like to know which 4 you would recommend right off the bat. Not the long templates...just the regular ones. Budget is somewhat limited, so don't want to just pick at random. I know they are all awesome, but need to put a limit on this. I am not a beginner so i'm not necessarily looking for 'easy peasy' ... just great basic templates that you use over and over. thank you.

Aztec (lots of options for blocks, setting triangles)

Crosshatch (background fill, sashings, borders)

Featherz (traditional, formal blocks, 1/2 wreaths in borders, setting triangles)

Tiles (piano key/bead bord borders, background fills)

With these 4 you will be able to combine them in quilts in so many different ways that you won't get bored with them after a quilt or two.

Then eventually add...

Spirals/ sq spirals (great to add movement to quilt, centersof flowers etc..)

Ginko (lots of options for blocks)

Mini Clam (backround fill, sashings, borders)

Diamonds (not only does this one do blocks but use it the borders, or sashings)

The nice thing about CL is that you can pick just a few key pieces at first then add to it a little here a little there as your needs or likes change. All the while still interchanging the designs with the origianal ones you purchased. You'll never get bored, you might run out quilts to use them on before you run out of ideas on how to use them, but bored ...never. :)

Archived