I'm a professional; don't try this at home!

Since we recently had a discussion to the effect that there is no such thing as a new mistake, I thought I'd test that theory. I'm using my Appilguide to quilt around some widely-spaced appliques, so to save time I tried to move the guide off the hopping foot while the stitch regulator was on (so the machine is still running, but not moving). Not such a good idea. The thing slipped, took a stitch, & ended up with the guide at a tilt, jammed between the plate and the screw that holds to needle on. This caused that horrible electrical-burn smell, and it is REALLY HARD to get the guide out of this position without breaking it. For that matter, it is pretty hard to break it also, so it is really jammed. Thank heavens it only blew the fuse! Moral of this story: follow the rules & stop that machine before you mess with anything around the needle or hopping foot.

Guest Linda S

Some quilters just have to learn the hard way! ;) But, you did learn a valuable lesson, didn't you? I've nicked a few rulers doing that sort of thing, but never have gotten one jammed.

Linda

Catherine, Oh! Ouch!! I got my Deloa's castle caught yesterday. Some how it slipped and was under the foot or inbetween where it wasn't supposed to be and oh!! it made an awful sound and was caught in there somewhere, the machine zoomed and I finally got it stopped!! Scared me to death and it even made my DH in the living room jump!!! He hollered What was that???!!! Don't want to do that again!!:D linda

Archived