New computer system for APQS machines

Well, you've certainly got our attention. I, and I suspect many others, have looked at the computerized systems as an impossibility because of cost. At this price point, I might have to figure out a way. But really need more info and to see it in action. Would also need to hear from someone who has it installed on their APQS machine who could tell us first hand how it works, how it feels. How does it compare to the IQ and Compuquilter, can it do all the things these systems can do? Does it come with some designs installed? What about updates -- is there a fee for these?

I'm pretty computerized system illiterate, so the more info the better!

I noticed on your website that you have a rep, Linda Broadbent, in cental Iowa. Does she have the SS on her machine, and what type of machine does she have?

Carol, I totally missed your question before today..

To root the Christmas or Easter Cacti, you just break off 3 or 4 lobes of a branch and let lay out for a day or so, to let it harden off a bit.. then poke a hole in the soil near the edge of the pot, with the mama plant and let it set.. It will like the soil barely damp, and far from wet, not dry.. it will root or shrivel up, which is when I throw them out and start over. Haven't had to do that more than once per plant..

Hope it works for you.

Ritar

I would guess the number of designs that come on it.. but... you can buy designs from other people for a few dollars and up.. to increase it.. and get the ones you want and need, without a lot of garbage.

Don't really know, just guessing.. am sure Jennifer or Dave will step in when they have time to read all this and post an answer.

Ritar

To CJ's question...

The SideSaddle only works on one pattern at a time. You do not layout the entire quilt. It does not have a record feature. If I could quilt I wouldn't need a computer system. : ) It does not have a digitizing program. Third party software packages are available for digitizing and 1000's of patterns are available for a few dollars each.

I am not familiar with all the features of the high $$ computer systems so these are the only comparisons I know of that are different.

Maybe someone with an IQ or a CQ can query me about other features.

Here is a list of the features of the SideSaddle software.

Re-size with dimensions, maintain proportions or fit to space.

Repeat horizontal and vertical.

Flip, rotate and number of degrees.

Trim the pattern from start point or end point.

Clip any side of pattern.

Straight lines with Point to Point

Continuous curves (you set the height) with P2P

Combine straight lines and continuous curves and breaks in the lines.

Mirror C curves

Fit pattern to a path, horizontal and vertical.

Save the modified pattern.

Thanks, Jennifer

Thank you Jennifer!

Originally posted by jkquilts

To CJ's question...

The SideSaddle only works on one pattern at a time. You do not layout the entire quilt. It does not have a record feature. If I could quilt I wouldn't need a computer system. : ) It does not have a digitizing program. Third party software packages are available for digitizing and 1000's of patterns are available for a few dollars each.

I am not familiar with all the features of the high $$ computer systems so these are the only comparisons I know of that are different.

Maybe someone with an IQ or a CQ can query me about other features.

Here is a list of the features of the SideSaddle software.

Re-size with dimensions, maintain proportions or fit to space.

Repeat horizontal and vertical.

Flip, rotate and number of degrees.

Trim the pattern from start point or end point.

Clip any side of pattern.

Straight lines with Point to Point

Continuous curves (you set the height) with P2P

Combine straight lines and continuous curves and breaks in the lines.

Mirror C curves

Fit pattern to a path, horizontal and vertical.

Save the modified pattern.

Thanks, Jennifer

With Fit to Space, it is a four corners setting done with the machine head. I almost always us it when doing a pattern within a block. The only time I don't is if the pattern is a round "wreath" type, then I set the system to jump from the center of the block.

Jennifer

Dear Linda,

I just sent an e-mail to the northwest dealer. Would love to go with you if you're setting up a date. Don't know where she's located. If not, I'm gong to go separately. With back issues, this could be a blessing. Would like to be able to easily dismount it (reduce weight) when not in use. Have to check that out.

Pat Schafer

I'd be interested in knowing how much space you lose in your quilting area. On the website it shows the back view on all the machines except the Millennium. On the other machines, it looks like you'd lose at least a foot of quilting space, side to side.

Also, how far back from the front handles does the tablet sit? Does it require bending over the front rails to reach it?

You do lose 10" of space on one side of the machine, nothing on the other side.

We are working on an arm that puts the tablet closer to the quilter. That arm works just fine on the Homesteader but needs to have quite a bit more reach for the Millie. Having to bend very much depends on how tall you are and how good or bad your eyes are. : ) The arm is adjustable.

Jennifer

Originally posted by PatSchafer

Dear Linda,

I just sent an e-mail to the northwest dealer. Would love to go with you if you're setting up a date. Don't know where she's located. If not, I'm gong to go separately. With back issues, this could be a blessing. Would like to be able to easily dismount it (reduce weight) when not in use. Have to check that out.

Pat Schafer

Hi Pat--I am maxed out on tasks until after April. If you can wait until after then, I will be happy to drive down with you. If you go before that, please give me some feedback. I am very interested in this!

Archived