Viking Diamond

I own a Viking Platinum and I did own a Mega Quilter. I suggest you contact Viking directly in Ohio. I had problems w the Mega Quilter and tried to get help locally and was completely unsucessful. As a result, I contacted Husqvarna Viking in Ohio and they PAID the shipping and repaired the machine for nothing. I basically informed them that I was disappointed w/the local service and that I had a ton of money tied up in their products. Call them tomorrow!!!! Good Luck.

Lisa

Cheri probably not. I would like to find somebody who has the diamond that can stitch it out for me and see if they have problems. My top thread doesn't feel like it has the right tension on it. I've rethreaded a thousand times. Too much thread is being pulled down into the bobbin area. I've changed thread too with the same result. I can sew with it and no problems so it has to be the embroidery portion. I've stitched out 2 designs with writing and had the same results. So frustrating!

Heidi, I would think that if it were the design then anyone would have a problem with it similar to yours. There should be top thread showing on the back of an embroidery design, and it should wrap under text, also. Is the font that you are stitching one that comes from the Viking 4D Software? Or is it a True Type font that you have converted to embroidery? Or one that is in a design that you purchased? I have a Pfaff Creative Vision and I've been out of the sewing store for several years and don't recall if the Diamond is the same as the Vision. You might also try using two very light pieces of stabilizer and place them so that the grain of one is perpendicular to the other. I make all of my quilt labels using 4D and my Pfaff CV with no problem. If you would like, I could stitch the design for you.

I don't know anything about the Diamond, or embroidery for that matter, but.... I got a Sapphire a couple years ago and had the same thread issue. I discovered there are two sets of tension discs, and the thread needs to go through the set on the left in order to get proper tension. The second set of discs is for running two threads along side each other. You can't really see into the machine to tell what discs you are engaging, but try keeping your thread more toward the center rather than off to the right when you rethread. (Drove me bats until I figured that out. I thought for sure I had a lemon.)

These machines are too "clever" for their own good. Difficult to over-ride the set tension... My SE has decided that it will only stitch in straight lines but I don't have a dealer anywhere nearby. It has to go back to where it came from for warranty work with a courier...£££!

Heidi, have you tried a different thread combo? ( I expect you have) I'm afraid my machine often balls up with thread under the hoop, especially when a long design is nearly finished - probably why I hardly ever use it!!

Kath I've sent the file to two others, including the shop owner so let me wait and see if they can stitch it out. At least that will confirm whether it is my machine or the design. I did try different threads, threading on both sides of the tension disk and different fabrics & stabilizers. Something that should have gotten done in less than 30 minutes wasted my whole evening! So darn frustrating.

Carmen - I tried two different fonts both from the script menu. One was script 5 mm - something and the other was the outline stitch only. I don't really care what it is stitched in as long as you can read it. I wasn't even trying anything fancy.

Archived