Check This Out

I have been up late the past 2 nights tweaking my blogs. I have seen a lot of blogs that use the scrapbook papers as their background templates, so I started to poke around to see what I could find that was FREE (free is always good).

Anyways I gave my 2 blogs face lifts. Each are different even though they are the same color scheme, they have different looks to them. Let me know what you think. :)

http://geckoquilts.blogspot.com

http://geckoquiltscirclelordscrapbook.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Like I said they were both free (can't get any better than that) there is a button on both blogs that says "leelou blogs"

click on it and it will take you to her site and then just click on "Free Stuff" then "Blog Designs". Then scroll down a little (the current ones are right there but if you want to look at older ones then click on "To view my old templates") just look through until you see what you like, click on it and it will walk you through the step by step info on attatching the html to your blogspot blog. It was so easy I was able to do it all by myself (computer challenge as I am) without the help of my computer geek DH.

I much prefer the second one.. have a lot of trouble reading the pink print.. the white on pink is much easier.. sorta silly, that.

The first one sort of looks like it was just made up to be done, and you used whatever was handy. Not trying, nor do I want to hurt your feelings..

Haven't had time to more than glance over the pages, nor check to see if you have more pages.. if you do and think it would be good to check them out too, please say so..

Ritar

I like the second one much better than the first. In the second one, the content is all together while in the first one it's in 3 different blocks with the background showing between the blocks. It just seems kind of choppy to me. The second one feels more cohesive.

You're gonna love this! I like the swirl design of the first one, but have a much easier time looking and reading the second one. The spots don't do it for me, and the pink on white is enough of a strong contrast that I think the pink lettering would burn an image into my eyelids by the time I was done reading it all. The lay out is good. And we can see what we want to look at, it just depends on what helps each persons eyesight.

1st Blog link

1)Ok, so pink colored font/lettering on white background is hard on the eyes. Is black lettering on white better? Because that's what I changed it to :)

2)would it be better to have the posts broken down into catogories/topics rather than just by the month?

2nd Blog link

1) seems most like the layout of the blog itself, such as content broken down into seperate catagories :)

2) not all like the background papers, but since everybody tastes are as different as there are people in the world, this is to be expected.

Also when you are reading blogs (that is if you do read blogs) what type of content do you like to see in them?

For instance...

1)do you like to see only quilty things?

2)do you like to read quilt type tips/info that would make piecing longarming more efficient?

3)do you like to see the progression of projects, perhaps with detailed instructions to follow along if you want?

Any other ideas? would love to hear them. I want feedback (good & bad) so I can make my blogs better and more useful.

Thanks for your help! :cool::cool:

Archived