Don't do this

I had my channel locks on going straight across the quilt and then what did I do but step on the quilt advance. Having fun being back at quilting. Living alone sucks , the nights are still night mares for me. But after a year you would think I could get over this depression. I am working at it believe me!

Anyway now the electric advance gets shuts off until I need it. LOL still have a little humor in me!

Edie, I'm sorry to hear that you are still having a hard time adjusting. :( One of my best friends lost her DH a little over a year ago and she has had a rough adjustment year too. She still has moments of "meltdown" that can be triggered by the most innocent comment from others but it's gradually getting better. Hopefully your quilting will help you get back to enjoying life again. Must have scared the heck out of you when you hit the quilt advance like that!! :D

Edie!!!!! A hot babe like you should not be alone!! I mean, I'm sure you are not ready for a serious relationship, but I'm just sayin'...........You are way to pretty and nice to be depressed!! Snap to it girl!! we are all here to help you!! If you want to talk email or im me and I'll give you my cell #.

I'm sure you have friends to talk to, and I'm not trying to be pushy, but sometimes a third party has a different view of things!!

Try reading The Secret by Rhonda Brynes. My girlfriend said it was the only thing that got her through her divorce.

I'm rooting and pulling for you!!

Edie I lost my DH in 2006 he was only 54, and it is now over 4 years. I can tell you I still get depressed. I see my family and children all getting on with there lives, and it is only right that they are. But sometimes no matter how many people you can have around you, you can still feel alone.

so do not be too hard on yourself, you have gone through one of the hardest things, anyone has to. Things do get easier but there will always be those moments, and that is ok.

I was told that in the first year there is so much to sort out and re-adusting to do, that the grieving process for some does not hit home until the 2nd year.

Take care, I will keep you in my thoughts (((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Hi Edie,

Stepping on the fabric advance while using channel locks...sounds like something I would do,YIKES!

I'm a widow too, I lost my husband almost 9 years ago. My advice is this, give all of your worries

over to God. He comforts those who are mourning. Although it has been a year and probably a

looonnng year, soon you will turn a corner and things will get better. God knows how you are suffering

and he counts all of your tears, let Him do His work in you.

Something that always made me chuckle was thinking of Ruth Buzzie from Laugh In as the

old widow in black with a cane...remember with that funny black hair net??? At least you don't look

like that!! :P

Edie, I lost my husband 15 years ago, he was 42 and I was 40. We had gotten married when I was 15 and he was 17. I thought I would surely die from the pain of loss but I survived. I have re married a wonderful man and have a great life BUT......I still miss him and I always will. Be easy on yourself and time will help.

Cheri Blevins

(((Hugs to Edie)))) and remember you have lots of people who love you and you are special.

Forget about that dirtbag jerk ex husband of yours he is a loser. You are much better than that so don't let that @$$ drag you down. I know it can get lonely at times but you just grit your teeth and bear through it. Try to remember all the blessings you do have, including your sense of humor. That's your greatest blessing.

OK So this is what Dr. Shana says you should do. Go out and get some fresh air every day. Find a park or walk in the woods. Sit quietly in peace and don't move. You will start to see little birds and other animals start to creep out. Nature is a soothing thing. Try to look at life through the eyes of a child; in wonderment of the many beautiful simple things that just happen every day. It wil humble you. It will heal you, too.

Simple. Simple. Keep things simple. The devil is in the details. Stay out of those details!!! :P

Oh and keep your foot off the %#$# fabric advance unless you really intend to use it... ;)

Oh sheesh I'm sorry...I thought your husband had died. I think divorce must be a thousand times worse. If Shana says he was a dirtbag then he is a dirtbag. All of her advice was wonderful. Try to find some bright spots every day.

((((((((((:))))))))))))) hugs for you from Indiana, which are called......HOOSIERHUGS:D

Archived