beadboard question/favor....

i'm thinking about doing beadboard in the quilt i have on the frame....favor: could someone post a picture of it done on a quilt and explain to stitching path....wanna make sure i have the idea 'right' before starting....

i'm also thinking about dusting off my Judalator and doing some curved CH in some large setting triangles....

I've done beadboard on two quilts on my blog. I usually go about 1 1/2 inch between "beads" and a little less than a quarter inch between the two lines that make the "bead." Clear as mud? Also, I use a really thin thread (bottom line) and usually stitch the line twice so that the traveling line is lost in the outside edge. Let me know if you want a link to the specific blog posts.

Do a search on beadboard posted by ffq-lar. She gave a brief description last fall on how she did her beadboard.

For my quilt currently on the frame, I'm doing a 'double' beadboard. I started at the outer edge of the border, traveled to the other edge, over 1/4 ", up, over 1/4", down, over 1/4", and back up, over 1.25", and then repeated the process. This gives me the long travel on the border edge that will be covered by binding. Linda sometimes uses channel locks - I used a ruler to keep the spacings as even as possible.

Lynn

Shannon no pics but to do it you just measure off the width you want the board and then stitch about 1/8" - 1/4" away from that line. I stitch from the outside border in, backtrack in ditch or motif and then back out. If you want to use a stencil to mark all your lines you can mark them and stitch one line on each side of the stencil line.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Originally posted by doodlebug

thanks for the quick responses!

i pretty much had the right idea on how it's done!

Of course you did!!! We had no doubt about that!

i guess i should of said:

i wanted to double check that my thinking was the 'easy' way of doing it before committing

Archived