Fan quilt Ideas

Originally posted by Kristiequilts

Thank you Meg, my customer is picking it up this am can wait for her to see it. She is also a friend that I have to show how to make and apply bias binding. With my luck and know Marilu I'm going to end up doing it for her.

if marilu can get u to put on her binding...more power to her. i hate bindings!

It didn't work. the following was what the site said after I tried to do the pictures. Does anyone know what this means?

MySQL has encountered an unknown error. To find out the exact problem, please set the DEBUG flag to true in config.php.

More than likely you have a special character in the name of your files and it is confusing the SQL server. Don't add any special characters such as ' " ! . I just copied the pictures from facebook and saved them with simple names like front, back, closeup. No problems loading.

Wow Thanks Heidi. Who needs my IT husband with friends like you!!

Thanks for the all complements I've been having trouble getting back in the "ZONE" since my mom died last summer. I think I may be out of the worst of the funk I was in. I had no idea how a death of a parent could affect you. Its been rough and my family has been so difficult to deal with. The void is unbelievable.

Meg, I don't mind doing bindings but I've got 2 quilts to finish by 8:00 a.m. Wednesday morning because I'm having arthroscopic surgery on my knee and I don't know when I'll be well enough to stand up and quilt. I hope sooner not later. I'll be having a couple of really late nights tonight and tomorrow!

Thanks for the all complements I've been having trouble getting back in the "ZONE" since my mom died last summer. I think I may be out of the worst of the funk I was in. I had no idea how a death of a parent could affect you. Its been rough and my family has been so difficult to deal with. The void is unbelievable.

OUCH~ sounds like you're having a tough year. I lost my parents over 3 years ago - and I still miss them everyday. I have decided that we never really grow up till our parents are gone.

and now some knee surgery - lucky you. I hope you have speedy recovery. You know you could do bindings while you are seated? If you get bored - just give a holler...I'll send you mine! Hang in there

Meg, I don't mind doing bindings but I've got 2 quilts to finish by 8:00 a.m. Wednesday morning because I'm having arthroscopic surgery on my knee and I don't know when I'll be well enough to stand up and quilt. I hope sooner not later. I'll be having a couple of really late nights tonight and tomorrow!

I'm glad to help!

I know how you feel about loosing a parent too. My Dad died in April 2003 and I still have my moments! Dealing with my family drove me into the worst pits and sometimes it starts now but I handle it a little better...well ok sometimes I handle it better. Don't beat yourself up too badly!

Thanks for the pep talks. Its the journey that gets difficult when we have to DRAG some people along. I just try to keep my mind on truly important things like relationships. I just wish the rest of my family would realize how important relationships are and how unimportant THINGS are. :o

I just wish the rest of my family would realize how important relationships are and how unimportant THINGS are. :o

I don't know that that will ever happen! My mother and brother insisted on going through my father's things before we even made funeral arrangements. He died Friday evening and Sat. at 8 am they were going through things and dividing it up, not that he had much. It tore me up! My parents had been divorced for 20 years but my mother happened to be the one to find my father collapsed. Instead of driving to the hospital with him in the ambulance my mother and brother drove after because they had to "find things." I was the one that got to tell the hospital to stop and let him go. It was the hardest thing to do but I know it is what he would have wanted. It has been a real battle to get over that. That only begins to tell you the things that happened and trust me it got really bad. It is a miracle I even talk to my family. It is a subject that is off limits to them. We will never talk about it because of the pain. Hang in there and don't let them get you down!

Archived