Carmen of Antioch - QZ answers

Originally posted by carmen

Heidi, I have to sell my Circle Lord before I get the quilttazoid. Is it easy to use?

I find the Circle Lord cumbersome and the add ons way to expensive, for the times I have used them. Three times. It was not a wise choice.

Ladies, Thanks again

Carmen

Carmen...the QZ is easy to use.

I love mine and find I can do more with it all the time. I still prefer freehand the best...but I am able to get beautiful circles and designs when I use the QZ. It is fabulous too if you choose to freehand around it's capabilities!

It's accuracy cannot be beat in my opinion. When properly tightened...the designs are totally repeatable. No need to 'scrape the bowl' so to speak!

If Adam and Linda, Heidi, I, Abigail, Terri or Cindy can be of any assistance...be assured that we are all here to help with the QZ. ;)

Yes, Kristina is right...it IS easy to use. I use mine up front. It makes me look like a better quilter than I am and gives me more confidence in my quilting abilities. In fact, I just placed another order for more templates and can't wait to get them.

Carmen -

I am not a good LA quilter like these ladies listed above. I am new to all of this and am muddling through as best I can. I say this because even I can make the QZ work. I never tried the other brands so I can't compare, but I have the QZ and it works real well. No kidding. There was such a short learning curve on it that I can't even remember it.

I have only been using the basic unit and have not really practiced much on the spiro - but the couple of times I tried that - it worked perfectly as well.

THE ONLY THING TO REMEMBER IS TO TIGHTEN THE SCREWY THINGYS. If you remember that - it does the rest for you.

Honest - and I am not a tester nor do I have any interest at all. Never even met Linda or Adam. But it really is a good product.

And it comes with this fabulous little tray that sits in your rollers and you can use for all the your nonsense - even when you aren't using the QZ.

Ok - That's all I got - good luck deciding.

Carmen,

I don't know where your original post was....I just notice your quote here....First I want to say that I am sorry you were not happy with your CL purchase. I don't know if you called Michael with your concerns or tried to get assistance from someone, but whatever the case, I know how it feels to have a tool you are not happy with. Mine was the Hartley Fence....but there are other's who have the HF, like Myrna who don't seem to have any problems with it at all. I also know of a couple of people who have the QZ who don't like it....it is probably a matter of taste and I would say with this or any other tool, make sure you try it before you buy it. It is a lot of money to spend for a tool you will not be happy with. Since I did not see your original post I don't know what you have tried, but I would be happy to help you with your CL until you are able to sell it. Let me know if I can help.

Carmen, I don't think you will have any problem selling your CL. Why don't you list it on the forum and see what results you get?

I have only had my QZ a short time, but it is oooooh so fun! I think you will enjoy it. I really think there are tools out there for everyone. Just look at DSM, I use a Pfaff, yet my dear friend prefers Bernina, it's all a matter of what works for you.

Good luck! :cool:

Originally posted by Mary Beth

No harm...Usually the "quote" is on the same thread, and I had not seen the original post. No big deal....Not trying to start anything...just making a statment.

No problem MB...I should have stated that to begin with. I was just trying to help Carmen out by bringing this up in another thread. I am terrible about finding things I wrote when it is in some obscure place! :D

Archived