Who won MQS? Please share!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All, MQS this year was so much fun for me, and a little sad too. As I'm moving on May 29 to Texas, I don't know when or if I'll ever get to come to this show again. It was great fun meeting so many of you. Carmen, Linnea Marie, Christina from Spain, Lisa, Laura J, just to name a few.

Linnea Marie, Christina, Lisa and I had dinner on Friday night at the Elephant Bar, then come out to Olathe to my home. We had a great time, I unloaded a lot of stuff on them (he he). They went home with stencils I made, some fabric painting I'd done and other goodies. Had a great time girls, thanks for coming.

Claudia and I went back through the show one last time yesterday before taking down the APQS booth. We found a remarkable thing.....Two teachers ribbons!!! That doesn't happen often. The 1st teacher's ribbon was from Judy Woodworth, a remarkable quilter - I would have been thrilled with one of her teacher ribbons on a quilt of mine...The second teacher's ribbon was from Linda Taylor!! The back of the ribbon read, "Breathtaking!!" Wooo -hooo.... who wouldn't want to get a ribbon that said that from Linda Taylor!?!

As Myrna said the judges have a lot of quilts to view, in a short amount of time. There are so many beautiful quilts it would be hard to decide on a ribbon.

for those of you who have not had the opportunity to meet Kay in person, I can tell you that you are truely missing out. To say she is kind hearted and generous would be an understatement. She drove a few of us to dinner and then brought us back to her studio. It was wonderful, in addition, she would not let us leave without generously sharing some of her original handmade stencils. Who does that? I guess Kay. Thanks again Kay, you were too kind. I really enjoyed spending time with you. Have a safe move to Texas I will be thinking of you,

Lisa:)

Wow Kay, thank you so so much for uploading all those photo's. Even uploading one is a lot of work (first uploading it to webshots, than make a link and so fort) so I do appriciate your effort!

What a beauties these quilts! And so much inspiration to go to my machine and ppp!

Originally posted by lisalnewman

for those of you who have not had the opportunity to meet Kay in person, I can tell you that you are truely missing out. To say she is kind hearted and generous would be an understatement.

Yes, lucky me I got to meet Kay at MQS in 2009 and she is exactly as you describe. Very kind, genuine. Almost like a southern belle with her manners and how she conveys herself. A lovely lady. :)

Thanks Kay for posting those beautiful pics. The quilts were just wonderful and the workmanship is fabulous to say the least. As far as I can tell EVERYONE is a winner and I am just sorry I couldn't be there this year. I have really missed seeing everyone and meeting new quilters as well. But I certainly missed seeing those beautifully made quilts. I know for a fact the pictures don't do them justice so I can just imagine what they were like to see them in person.

Thanks again Kay for all your time and work to post them. I certainly apprecitate it.

Kay, I'm so glad that we got to meet at MQS and visit a bit over dinner at the Elephant Bar. After you move to Texas you can still come to MQS - just hop onto I35 and head north. :cool: Surely you can find someone to carpool with.

Thank you so much for posting the quilt pictures. They are so well done and greatly appreciated, and I know you took a lot of time out of your day to take them. Hugs for you, and wishing you well as you make the move to Texas.

Archived