Oportunity Quilt

Since this is for your guild, it will also give you a chance to show great workmanship and possibly have new customers coming to you.

Because I like custom treatments before e2e, I suggest quilting around the bouquets and vases, adding texture lines to in the detail areas like the leaves, petals, vases, and then use sashing designs of border quilting or feathers, whatever you do well, the background behind the bouquets could be just fillers or if it is a patchwork background possibly cc in the blocks making up the background. Then the backing would show the full design from the front as a wholecloth. have fun.

I have almost entirely different "visions" of this quilt. I'd use invisible thread, outline all the bouquets and vases, then behind them, continue the little sticks of barren flower. The one that looks like baby's breath without any blooms. down around the bottom of the vase, I'd place a few more tiny branches, and just enough to let some quilting show, but the vase and flowers would be the focal point.

Also detail the flowers, so petals are defined, leaves have texture, etc.. Its gorgeous and you will do it justice.

ritaR

Hi ladies...lovely comments are always welcome, thankyou kindly...i paid Rebecca to say that..lol , just kiddin.....lol...for what it's worth, here's what I would do...I would ditch around everthing even all petals etc..with clear thread, I'd just ditch the blue sashing, and leave it...the background fabric, I would use a neautral fine thread as in probably bottomline, so that thread is not the focus, I would treat the background as one and do a fairly close background fill, probably a feathery one and possibly where there were larger areas of background I woud incorporate a feather here and there...in the flowers and leaves I would use clear thread and add a little detail here and there as in veins etc, but not overdo it...they are to be the focus, and need to pop...HTH... just my opinion for what it's worth...

Going with Raylene's suggestions of the invisible thread, you may want to try the Invisifil thread. Here it is about $11 for a spool of 2300 m and lasts forever. I have used it on George. When I had it in the bobbin it did the complete center of the quilt, about a 36x45 panel of hollyhocks that I stitched around most of the flowers on the stalks. That bobbin never emptied in doing all of that. For my borders I had switched to So Fine in the bobbin and it took 3 - 5 bobbins to do all the borders. The Invisifil comes in colors that disappear into your fabrics instead of standing out and shouting "I'm here!"

Archived