Help with posting avatar...please

I am about to pull out the small amount of hair that I have! I have been trying to search out instructions for posting an avatar. I know this isn't of interest to everyone but I feel there must be some other newbies who a struggling with this too. I was thrilled when I was finally able to figure out the signature but after working on the avatar I feel hopeless. Would one of the fantastic quilters on this forum please post some instructions for posting an avatar. I found lots of info about posting a photo on the forum but the avatar info is hiding out....now I am rambling....I need quilt therapy....I would like this to be behind me....soon... Your help is appreciated!

Don't feel alone! I've searched for help and can't find anything on how to do it. Maybe we'll hear from someone that's been there, done that. I figured out how to put a pic with my post but now I can't even find the directions for that! Who's trying to make me crazy???

Carreen

Go into Webshots....upload your picture to that program....once you upload it....click on the photo itself and it takes you to another screen...over to the right it gives you three choices....one of which is "OTHER SIZES." Click on it and use the 100 dpi. Right click the "DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE"....copy that...go to your APQS profile and start a new thread.....right click and paste....post that.....go back into your edit profile and paste the same into the AVATAR URL box.....go completely out of it and back into it and post something...your picture will be to the left. Let me know if you have any questions....Thanks....Jackie

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm just suckered at getting my avatar back.. and posted, also the info part, about machines, pet name for the machine, business name, etc.

I try and try, and try some more, and nothing works, won't try any more.. till later. ;)

thanks for all the personal help with this too. You know who you are.. Thanks Again!!!

Ritar

Archived