Revisiting My Own Library

I usually borrow books monthly from my local Quilting Guild, then leave it to the last minute to read them.

I think I need to do the same borrowing from my own library.

I have just revisited some of my earlier purchases and ideas are now overflowing. I may not have been up to that standard a few years ago but now, with practise I can take all the ideas and go again.

So take one book from your own shelves each week and reread it.

I am starting with "Infinite Feathers" by Anita Shackleford I bought it in April 2007. I have a Feathered Star quilt to do next week.

There are many more books I need to re visit as well.

Lyn

I look at magazines over and over again also and got tired of having to search them all evertime so I started putting a file tab on the page and write on it to clue me into the pattern I marked. Atleast it doesn't make me look thru all of the magazines if I only wanted a particular pattern.

I am very naughty;) I actually pull my magazines apart and take out which patterns I like, I then place them in a lever arch file. The folders are all marked, table runners, baby quilts, bags, scrap quilts, etc etc so instead of hundreds of magazines to look through I just pick a folder.

I also agree Kristina you sometimes find the same pattern in different magazines

I am very naughty;) I actually pull my magazines apart and take out which patterns I like, I then place them in a lever arch file. The folders are all marked, table runners, baby quilts, bags, scrap quilts, etc etc so instead of hundreds of magazines to look through I just pick a folder.

I also agree Kristina you sometimes find the same pattern in different magazines

I love that book!!! I recently found a box of quilting books I had packed when we changed carpeting a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. it was like christmas!!! didn't get much quilting done that day but certainly recharged my quilting ideas-ddo

I love that book!!! I recently found a box of quilting books I had packed when we changed carpeting a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. it was like christmas!!! didn't get much quilting done that day but certainly recharged my quilting ideas-ddo

Mary, you are absolutely right. i am a book junkie and it also helps to go through ones collection and find out "oops, I knew that was a good book' cause I already have a copy!" It is so satisfying if you catch it in time to return the second copy!!! Then you have the money to buy one you don't already have!!

Mary, you are absolutely right. i am a book junkie and it also helps to go through ones collection and find out "oops, I knew that was a good book' cause I already have a copy!" It is so satisfying if you catch it in time to return the second copy!!! Then you have the money to buy one you don't already have!!

Archived