one bright quilt - Regal QZ template and freehand

This quilt was made by a friend and given to me to quilt so that we could donate it to a good cause.

I used Superior So Fine in bobbin...and So Fine and Signature threads on top.

I also played with my Regal QZ template and used it in the pieced blocks and for the corners of the turquoise border.

I did freehand swirly vines for the background blocks...and a feathery thing for the outer border. I double batted this quilt with thin cotton winline batt.

I also used my longarm to put the binding on the quilt so that all that is needed is to finish the handwork on the back. ;)

here is the full shot of the quilt

This quilt was made by a friend and given to me to quilt so that we could donate it to a good cause.

I used Superior So Fine in bobbin...and So Fine and Signature threads on top.

I also played with my Regal QZ template and used it in the pieced blocks and for the corners of the turquoise border.

I did freehand swirly vines for the background blocks...and a feathery thing for the outer border. I double batted this quilt with thin cotton winline batt.

I also used my longarm to put the binding on the quilt so that all that is needed is to finish the handwork on the back. ;)

here is the full shot of the quilt

post--13461904261188_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Janette

very nice quilting Kristina, you and your friends are so generous with your quilting time and piecing time for various charities and fund raising events.

How much did you raise in the end for your sons school quilt raffle ????

Thanks Janette...we raised $650 for the band dept at the middle school. not too shabby. the school was pleased...especially since they didn't know they were getting anything! ;)

Archived