RAZZLE DAZZLE Pic

Can you see the RAZZLE DAZZLE. TOO cool huh.

It really is easy. I go very slow in Man and WHOOP there it is. lol

You should give it a try sometime. Now I need some more practice but whoo hooo.

It was more difficult on diag but Horizontally and Vertically it too easy.

I actually wanted to do something else with this quilt but found out I need practice for it. And I plan on doing just that now that I have finally finished.

This was my first time to do Rays. I used Renae Rays and I plan on ordering her smaller one. I love this tool.

I think I should have done them smaller but next time.

Sorry for little photos this quilt is 104 inches and I'm pooped. Glad to be done before 1am. Already did 12 at my day job. Gotta go early tomorrow.

Thanks

Tammie, this quilt looks great. Did you use the Razzle Dazzle in your bobbin? Also, I want to know how you have the energy to do everything you do. I get tired just reading everything you are doing. Can you pass a little of your energy my way:)

I'm afraid if I stop I'll pass out. lololol

Seriously I'm am going to slow down one of these days.

I will take the quilt with me to work and clip and groom. I discovered that I left a corner triangle undone. DUH.

No big deal I'll pin the zippers on at work too. As soonas I get home it will take just minutes. I love my zippers.

PS. I thought I would never get this quilt finished. It was a big challenge. Some CQ and ALOT of freehand. I sure hope she likes it. I'm glad to be almost done.

Oh and I just couched the RAZZLE on my Milli. Did not turn it over. Myrna showed me how and wow it is really easy. Can't wait to do it again. It is alittle hard on the diagnal.

Thanks Sue.

Tammie,

FANTASTIC:cool: You did a super job. Renas Rays are great. it looks really good around the center.

I just used one of the arcs to go around a Hopi Basket.

Can you see the RAZZLE DAZZLE.TOO cool huh.

yeah baby, isn't it easy to couch on.

Love what you did in the purple too.

gotta love those zips;)

I am so proud of you :)

Myrna

So do you think I should have stippled every other ray?

Since I took it off the machine and I have it draped at work so I can look at it and get it groomed up for delivery I am kinda thinking maybe I should reload and do that. I'm trying to picture it.

Just a thought.

Thanks for your help Myrna. I really do appreciate your faith in me. And I can't wait to couch Again. I love it.

Tammie, this is just my opinion, but I don't think I would stipple in any of the rays. I think it might take a little something away from the great look you. Sometimes I think quilters put too much on the quilt and it gets to be "over kill" I love what you've done. Don't go second guessing yourself.

Hi Tammie,

The combination of techniques you've used on this quilt is pretty impressive! Personally, I'd leave the rays just the way they are. If you were putting it into a show and it was your own quilt, then you could add as much great stuff as you want to. But with customer quilts, I think we have to be careful not to steal the show from the piecer. We should be the "supporting cast member", not the "lead role".

YOU DID GOOD!! :)

One question? I haven't used my CQ enough to know the answer to this yet, but could you have used it to do the arcs instead of using a template? Just wondering. I am NOT good with templates! :cool:

Darlene this was my first time for rays. Now I see no reason why your couldn't have the circle (or partial) digitized for whatever size circle you would want. With that said the total block was 30 inches and my center was the block. My stitches do not begin until outside the block. They are not all the same length. You have my head spinning. Think I'll try something when I get home. hummmmmm.

I used Renae's rulers as well. This one was the 24". I wish I had purchased the smaller set and plan to. Would have liked a sharper spin. lol Templates are tuff for me to. Sherrie suggested I use the double sticky steam 2. Can't remember the name. It stuck right to rulers and a few templates and it keeps them in place and I can still see thru them.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm still green behind the ears but I'm working on it. lol

You can get with Myrna if you are interested in the Rays or Ruler. I really like the large compass. It is so Cool.

Maybe this is a dumb idea but I've been thinking about Darlene's question on the Arcs in CQ.

It would be cool if we had an add on feature maybe later that would allow up to Mark a Start and Mark a finish point and we would enter the size circle arc whether it would be 12 inches or 24" or whatever. Of course it would only sew from the start and finish mark which would have to be within that sewing area. Just a thought. In the end the arc would be the size you want. Of course the next arc could be what ever distance you want and you would do the same. You would of course have lock stitch at beginning and end of each arc. With fine thread this is not a problem for me.

I think that would be totally cool. Totally!!!!!!

I'm going to play this week on digitizing one because I'm so curious.

Tammie -

That quilting and the quilt - are just perfect! You do such wonderful work!

Thanks for sharing your work with all of us. I am also glad you are getting

so many ideas and trying things with the CQ. You can get them all ironed-

out before I get mine - Don't stop!

I love it when you say "YeeeeHaw!" I know its you! I bet you are just a

blast of energy to be around!

I did the outside border with CQ and I did the 3 inch sashings with the overlapping circles using cq. Also the light colored feathers are from Linda. I have debs small simple feather in the center light areas. The blocks and all the small sashings is freehand. It took me along time to do the sashing. The lines are very close going up and down about an inch and then going side to side and swithing directions about every inch. Though I'd never get it done. I hope it puts alot texture.

Thanks for the kind words.

Getting ready to go pick up the paint for my New Studio and delivery it. I hope she feels like you guys do about it.

Have a great weekend.

I've been wanting to use razzle in my millie but haven't found a way to do it. Could you give more infor please. I thought razzle was only for bobbin work how did you use it on the top? Or I believe you said Myrna showed you how, Myrna if you read this could you shed some light on this topic.

Greatly appreciated.

PS. What a beautiful quilt. I alway love to see everyone's pictures.

Tina

The Quilt Lady

Hi Tina,

RD is for bobbin work. Turning your quilt upside down I like couching it on. It?s thick so it?s forgiving. Hold the end of the DR in one hand and move your machine with the other, stitch over it. Go slow stitching over the DR. I couch over designs as well as in the ditch.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/547321664/2897527860034244157clxySX

Myrna

Archived