Hobby Lobby

I went to my first Hobby Lobby yesterday, and I now have a new favorite store! :P

DH and I are buying a new home, it's a spec house that will be finished in Oct/Nov.It is quite a bit larger than our current home (which we are going to rent out to our BIL since it takes for ever to sell a house here in AZ right now) and I will actually have a quilt studio instead of just taking up space in my living and dining rooms. Also my MIL will be moving in with us, ever since my FIL passed over 2 years ago she hates living alone and with this new house it's big enough for our 5 kids as well as my MIL.

Anyways even though the new house is still in Mesa where I currently live I didn't know what stores were out that way so we went exploring yesterday and we found a Hobby Lobby! so we went inside to look around, I fell in love with the place, LOL I like it better than Michaels. Now I know why so many of you like the store. :):)

Joann, you can sign up for email notification of their ad. It will come to you on Sunday (when they are not open!!) and it will have the coupon there for you to print off. You can also see their full ad.

Most of the time I drop into ours, the fabric is 30% off, so watch and plan accordingly.

Inside info--Hobby Lobby until recently was a Midwest/east coast chain. My brother is the construction supervisor for all new construction. They are building new or purchasing buildings in Utah now and he says the next stop will be Washington State! Woo hoo! Plus I get to see my bro and his wonderful wife when he starts the new construction.:cool:

I love Hobby Lobby. Don't get there as often as I used to when we were in Texas, because the store is a little further away now. But gotta check it out every now and then. Fabric, art supplies, home and garden decor, every craft under the sun -- What Fun! We even stumbled upon one in Overland Park during MQS.

Are there any plans for a store in Oregon? I've never been to a Hobby Lobby and now you've made me curious! I guess that I'll either need to go to Utah, or wait for the new store in Washington. Then planning a road trip and getting to visit with my Moxie Sis in Olympia! That would be you Linda R. ;)

My husband has bought me many gifts from HL. I have bought many gifts for others there (especially the 50% off shelves). My DH loves motorcycles and I have found some darling things for his office with this theme. We decorated my daughter's office in all things Paris. Everything came from there. It is so darling. This is also where I get my inks, paints, pencils! There is only one bad thing about their fabric - the tend to have the same ones all the time.

Wow, great to know, Joann! We'll be coming home to Arizona (Gold Canyon) in the next couple of years. I think I saw thatHobby Lobby off the freeway when we were driving to Tucson last fall. We are also planning a camping trip to Arizona right after Christmas...guess where I'll be disappearing to??? :cool:

Archived