Magna glides too tight

Do any of you have trouble with your magna glide bobbins being too tight on the shaft of the bobbin case?

I'm having trouble with this, mostly with the dark gray. The bobbin will be so snug on the shaft that its unusable, way to tight, and sometimes I have to pull out all of the thread just to be able to get a good grip on the bobbin core so I can yank it out of the case. I generally like these bobbins but I really don't like all the waste from the unusable ones.

Jess

Purchase a rat tail file and file down the inside of the bobbin. Do this just a little at a time. This is a fairly common problem with pre-wounds. I have added a rat tail file to my toolbox. (My husband got tired of me borrowing his all the time.)

Hope this helps

Sandra

I too would do as Sandra suggested, but then also check to make sure that they sent you the correct size....I got some that were marked "L", but were actually for my DSM...fit okay, but were a bit tight on the bobbin shaft.

Guest Linda S

You might try putting a little machine oil on a qtip and swabbing it around the post in your bobbin case. Sometimes bobbin cases just get dirty and it can cause a bobbin to bind up.

Jess,

If you have several and don't want to mess with them, contact Bobbin Central. I got a tube of gray that I couldn't find the tail, they sent me a new tube. I'm going to test some pre-would monofiliment bobbins for them in a few days.

I don't work for them but will do a lot for free stuff.

Archived