Time to get busy need ideas

Well I finally finished my hugh quilt and I need to get back to the grind so I can pay for the fabric I bought today. This is a quilt for a cust that has small 17" blocks! I think in the blank one that I will do a stencil but I am drawing a blank on the other. Any ideas will be appreciated. I am going to try to post 2 pics on one post but no promises....ok can't figure it out so one pic will have to do

post--13461904516786_thumb.jpg

Wow Roxanne those are huge blocks. What does the stencil look like? I think because this is a plaid I would do some straight line work. The quilt doesn't really look like a feather quilt so I don't think that is the answer. I guess straight lines and cc's would work. It looks like those are good size blocks so you will probably have to stipple down the background. I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind but right now I'm drawing a blank.

You've probably got this all figured out by now, but if you have any of Pam Clark's stencils, I'd use one or maybe two of those for some reference lines and freehand a complimentary design in the pieced blocks to that beautiful stencil you were using the solid blocks.

Archived