it's friday the 13th

here are some 'quilty' supersitions i found on a blog today:

Seal nine pins, nine needles and nine nails into a jar to keep the evil quilt fairies away. (what do you do to attract them?)

See a pin and pick it up, all the day you’ll have good luck. See a pin and let it lie, luck will surely pass you by.

Never sew on Sunday. You will have to pick out all those stitches with your nose when you get to heaven.

Scissors should never be given as a gift, it will cut the friendship.

If you upset a box of pins a surprise is coming your way as long as a few of the pins stay in the box.

A maid with no quilt at twenty-one will never see her bridal sun.

If you mend a dress while wearing it, someone will lie about you.

For every time a quilter pricks her finger, she will receive a kiss from her beau.

It is bad luck to sew clothing while someone is wearing it unless the person wearing the clothes has a piece of thread in their mouth.

Hearts should only be used on bridal quilts.

Always make a pillow case on New Years Eve to hold all of your troubles.

When you are sewing and your thread knots and tangles, someone is talking about you.

If you drop your scissors, your love may be unfaithful to you.

Leave a deliberate imperfection in a quilt. It’s a reminder that only God’s creations are perfect. (i don''t have to try very hard for this one :) )

Sewing a swan’s feather into your love’s pillow will ensure fidelity.

Breaking a blade on a pair of scissors foretells discord and quarrels, breaking both blades at once is a sure sign that calamity is about to enter your life.

A girl who completes a patchwork quilt by herself will never marry. (hey- this is a great aurgument for LAers!)

If you make a bedspread, or a quilt, be sure to finish it or marriage will never come to you.

If you sew clothing on New Year’s Day, someone in your family will pass away. (i've heard this one about doing laundry on new's year's too)

Bridal quilts should have continuous borders of vines or ribbon-like patterns. A broken border foretells a broken marriage.

If you break your needle while sewing a dress, you will live to wear it out.

If a single woman is the first to sleep under a new quilt, she will dream of her future husband.

If you put the last stitch into a quilt, you will be the next to marry.

just thought these were cute and wanted to share...:)

Shannon , I won't even bring up what a Friday the 13th did to me. I do nothing that day except hide and avoid---I hope this doesn't cost me somehow!!! Nice picture, all you need is a large blood sucker tube and you'd be the size of one of our mosquitos--LOL Dave B. Going into hiding again!!

The list made me smile.

For me it was really a Friday the 13th yesterday.

Theo and Loes van der Heijden had organised a course with Judy Allen in the western part of NL, not far from the Hague.

Because they are working on the roads everywhere on my route I already knew, even it summerholidayseason, I would run in several traffic-jams.

So I travelled by train.

When I travel by train I always try to reduce the number of train changings. Assen is an intercity station so all train stops there. Every hour 3 trains going south/west and 3 to Groningen. One is a stop train and the intercity are going either to the Hague (and sometimes Rotterdam) or Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport).

After a really great day, with meating other Dutch Longarmquilters, Judy and Jo-Anne and ofcourse Theo and Loes, Theo brought me to the railwaystation.

The local train just arrived. Lucky me because it was 2 min late.

I would be in time to change trains at an intercitystations to get in the intercity coming from The Hague to Groningen, what would bring me to Assen without further changing. It could also have been the train from the Hague or Rotterdam to Leeuwarden then I would have to change again in Zwolle.

That one should be behind the local train. But then I heard something about that the train to Groningen was not going.

I wanted to step back in the local train to get to its end station Utrecht and change there to a train going to Zwolle

The Conductor told me on the other side of the platform there was a train also going to Zwolle. Oke I looked it was the train from Rotterdam going to Leeuwarden.

Then I knew enough.

In Zwolle I would either get the Local train or the intercity coming from Amsterdam.

But then we heard there had been an accident and we know had to change trains in Amersfoort to go to another Intercity station to from ther back on a train to Zwolle. Here they had organised an extra train. And that one they later told would got after Zwolle to Leeuwarden, so I had to change trains in Zwolle again.

More then 1,25 hour later I arrived in Assen. Where DH was waiting for me

Archived