Pantograph display????

I have a binder like Dory has seperated into light, medium and heavy quilting. I also have about half of my pantos quilted out on 42" by 6' panels (a lot of new ones I need to do yet). I have 1 or 2 rolls quilted, depending on width and the name of each panto. Heidi had suggested that and my customers like seeing what the pattern looks like quilted.

Originally posted by Liam1964

I have a binder like Dory has seperated into light, medium and heavy quilting. I also have about half of my pantos quilted out on 42" by 6' panels (a lot of new ones I need to do yet). I have 1 or 2 rolls quilted, depending on width and the name of each panto. Heidi had suggested that and my customers like seeing what the pattern looks like quilted.

Sounds like a good idea ! thanks for your great advice, and thanks to Dory too, the display book sounds great too.:)

I have a binder with the pantos copied, via black perm. marker, on acetate. The edge of the acetate is then covered with tape to keep the acetate from tearing.

This way the customer can take the panto out and audition it on their quilt to really get the impact of the different designs.

Then the designs are catagorized into 3 sections. Easier pantos, cheaper quilting rate to most complex, most expensive.

I have a photograph album I got at Walmart for a dollar in the photo department. When I do a quilt with a pantograph, or custom quilts for that matter (I just put them in a different album) I just take a picture of it and put it in the album. The album holds just 2 pictures per page, one on the front and one on the back. The album holds 40 pictures. It is small so easy to transport and the customer gets to see the panto actually stitched out. I have 3 albums I displayed when I had a booth at a local show, one for pantos, one for custom and one for freehand. Tons of people browsed through them at the show. It's sort of like having a webshots page without having to carry along a computer.

Archived