Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Kathleen Crabtree and I live in Sartell Minnesota. The name of my machine quilting business is Quilting by KC. I have been quilting since 1999. I own two Millenniums and didn't know that this forum existed. Where have I been? Probably quilting. I'm thrilled to have found you all. This is a great asset to have available to us all.

Hi Kathleen, I'm new to the chatroom also. Isn't this just the most wonderful group of people - so encouraging. I"ve had my Discovery since March and "Hope" and I are still bonding, but we're going to make it okay! My husband is so supportive of this business venture and we didn't have to go into debt so I can take my time getting up and running. I've completed 4 quilts and have 4 to do. My quilt club is also very supportive and will give me plenty of business. This has been my dream for at least 5 years and now God has blessed me with this wonderful opportunity. The very first quilt I did was a fundraiser for our church. I pieced the quilt with church members names on star blocks and then I quilted it on Hope - we made $450. Sharon.

Welcome Kathy and Sharon!

I've never formally introduced myself, but I've been reading for a long time, and I post once in awhile. Kathy and I know each other and live near each other. She is my inspiration for introducing myself, and let me tell you she is one talented lady.

I'm Sue Kelly and I live in St. Cloud, MN. I own a Millennium and have been machine quilting for almost two years.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your pictures and stories.

Sue

Welcome to both of you. Kathy - I believe I've met you at Lebanon. Great place to relax for a few days ha? Yvonne and I own Sisters' Common Thread and am sure I've run into you there. Are you going this year? When? We're planning on being there the last week. Hope to see you.

Angie, yes I have met you at Camp Lebanon. I am attending all of Session B. It is my favorite get away.

Sue, Thank you for your kind words. I can't believe it's been two years for you already. Also don't let her kid you, she's an excellent quilter herself. She also teaches classes on quilt art.

I love checking out everyone's webshots. I have some new photos added to mine this week. My daughter took a grand champion ribbon on a star quilt at the county fair. This was one of my favorite quilts to work on.

Glad to be part of the group!!!!

Kathleen,

Just went to your web shots. I didn't get a chance to look at all of your quilts, but from the one I looked at you do a beautiful job. I did look at your studio - I want a thread wall like yours!! I love thread - it is an art form!! I'll be back to look at your quilts when I have more time...

Thanks for sharing,

Mary Beth

I also just went to your webshots. Your studio looksgreat & really big. What is the size of your studio? Just wondering. We are thinking of a remodel to give me some more room so trying to determin how much room I really need. And yes, your thread wall is great. A good idea for sure.

You're right, it hasn't quite been two years, but it's closing in fast!! Where does the time go?

How do you do all the quilting you do, and maintain a webshots album like that!? Wow!

I need to invest in a display frame, or photograher's frame or something so I can take photos to share. Generally I just take photos of customer quilts as they lay on my dining room table. Not ideal.

Wow, you are one busy person. Thank you so much for including shots of your studio. It really helps to see how everyone else organizes for space. I join the other ladies with a great thread wall, but it also works for the rest of your supplies. How big is your room? maybe I can hang stuff from the rafters on pully ropes:P

After all your comments re my studio phots, I had to delete the entire album and load more photos. Those were taken two years ago and I have changed things a bit. My room is 15' x 35'. I took over the entire lower level when my twins moved out. They will be 21 next week. My ironing board is 3' x 8' and my cutting table is 5' x 14'. Okay, so I'm spoiled!! I spend all day in this area and I love to be here. :cool:

Kathleen (KC), I mostly lurk as I've only gotten my Freedom this May and was gone for 6 weeks so just finished a quilt so I have something real to practice on! I love love love your sewing room and your organizational skills! Glad you mentioned your OCD' cause I can only imagine how busy you are...but raising twin boys gave you plenty of practice I'm sure! When I have a weekend, I'll look thru your other photos....only 7 years quilting w/ a long arm? How'd you get started?Elaine...ps. glad you found this forum and please tell your quilting trials and tribulations and share details of which and why for the quilting techniques you use...that is my first challenge! Elaine

Hi Kathleen,

I already had you on my Webshots list. lol Glad you found us.

I am hoping for a second machine soon and as a quilter with two have you found it to be worthwhile?

Do you also quilt with Computer System or all Freehand?

Just curious and hoping you could shed some light on that for me.

I want to do more custom work and I also use CQ. I think having another machine for the longer jobs would be good and I maybe I can get my DH to help sometime. lol

Also, Do you rent one of your machine? I have thought of that but just not sure about that idea yet. I'm usually picky who touches my machines. lolol

Again welcome and visit often.

PS. You are a very talented quilter. I like to peak at your work from time to time.

Archived