pics of long boards on front

TerriVB

I spent the afternoon playing with the QZ upfront system for the long boards--I must say that I have never tried the long boards from the back--nor do I do pantos--but this is really cool.

I did the top row right to left-- all the way across the quilt--leaving the needle down when came to the end of the design--moeved the QZ over until the stylus came to the right spot and continued on--when coming to the end of the quilt--hold the stylus up with one hand and sew down the side of the quilt to the outermost ring on the bottom row and then sew the next row left to right all the way across the quilt--never have to break thread or tie off--works really slick!!! I hope this makes sense as I am a more visual than verbal learner.

I could definitly be sold on these templates too!!!

post--13461904677162_thumb.jpg

Hi Kath,

If you look at Terri's picture you can see that you really won't be loosing space. The QZ can actually go to the very end of the rollers and the board would be hanging off the frame so to speak. I just went down to measure and I could quilt 134" on my 14ft frame with a long board on the front. If I stitched from the e2e of my zippers then I would be able to stitch 144". It looks like the QZ only takes up 10" of space if you move the QZ all the way to the very end of the rollers. I would take your leader measurement and subtract 10" and that is the max you could do. There could however be a way to get the other 10" from the other side if you pin to the leaders beyond the zipper tape, since the QZ sits to the left of the head you could stitch all the way until the machine goes no further. You would just have to get the top attached to the rest of the leader. I hope that makes sense!

• 4 months later...

Archived