Any designer boards for sale?

I was just wondering if anyone had rns designer boards laying around that they weren't using and wanted to sell them. Does anyone know the quality of the rns stylus? Someone told me that theirs broke easily. Also does anyone know how to raise the machine so that the rns boards can fit under the machine. Someone told me that they will not fit unless you adjust the machine. I have a brand new Millie, I got it in June. thanks for your help.

Denise

Hi Denise,

I use the R&S boards and did not need to raise the carriage for them to fit.

Their stylus is one piece of milled steel, so I can't imagine how anyone could break it.

Maybe they broke a board--all the pattern boards will break with a sharp blow from dropping them on a hard surface.

If you have concerns, Ron is a doll and happy to answer any questions you may have.

Email addy and phone numbers on their site.

Go to the APQS Help forum, and scroll down through the posts. VIVIANMABLE has one entitled "Machine Won't Clear Pattern Boards on Rear." This entire thread is about R & S Boards and the Millenium black table. The 2009 and newer machines with the black tables will not clear the pattern boards. I believe VIVIANMABLE ended up replacing her table with plexiglass she got at the home center. I can verify that the machine WILL NOT CLEAR THE PATTERN BOARDS, because I have some quilt EZ boards, and the machine will not clear them.

Denise, I have some boards that I'm willing to sell. I don't use them since I have my IQ.

I'll take pics of them later and post them. They are the crosshatch and diamond crosshatch boards.

Plus I have several smaller boards. A friend is borrowing them but I'll get them back.

I also have the crosshatching rulers made by Dennis Rech that I bought and am not using.

The money would come in handy. I'll take pics of stuff tonight.

Hi Denise,

I have a set for sale...I think they are the clamshell and enough sections to do a king size quilt.

The only problem is that most of our belongings are at our new house that we are moving to, but we are at the old house talking with realtors, going some medical appointments, and etc, for the next 2-3 weeks. When I am in the same state with these pattern boards, I will give you a U2U to see if you are still interested. I will sell for 50% off retail price. I will have to let you know how many sections that I have.

Wanda Gene Brown

http://wandagenequilts.blogspot.com

Denise............yes, I did have trouble with my 2010 Millie clearing the pattern boards. It was just maybe 1/8th of an inch, but they still wouldn't clear. So, I went to our local glass glass place and got 1/8" thick plexiglass to replace the black boards that came with my machine. Worked like a charm and I didn't have to mess around with raising the machine, the roller bars and all that. I got 2 pieces the width of the black boards and about 42" long. I wanted to be sure they worked before I got enough to cover my whole table. Now, I need to go back and get a couple more pieces to cover the whole 14' table. I have these "empty" spaces at the ends and I keep laying something down and it falls right to the floor! :) With the clear plexiglass in the center of the table , it is hard to see that nothing is there.

Good luck! :)

Archived