Maintenance Class

Hello everyone, I was lucky enough to be able to attend the *Maintenance Class ** . It was held the 14 & 15 of last week . My Husband went with me (that made it really cool ) . I want to tell all of you that this was a real important thing for me as I wanted to know all I could about this machine and not feel intimidated by it .

Amy Anderson taught this class and made it easy to understand , plus so much fun as well . If you have a chance to ever go to one , please do so as it is well worth the money and time ... Here is some pic's of the class , Amy etc. Pat

this is some of the women at class ..trying to add more but having trouble.

GRRRR

post--13461904884134_thumb.jpg

Hope you all don't think this is to much ...but wanted those of you that have not had the chance to see were these machines are made and the great folks that do the jobs. Here is some of the girls that work on the machines everyday or that you might talk with on the phone .

oops.... there is my hubby ..might know he would be were the girls are ...:P

post--1346190488478_thumb.jpg

Ditto!!! on the maintenance class. It was great, I'm the one in black & white, no face. I also attended Dawns classes, beginning longarm and advanced beginning longarm the 2 days before the maintenance classes. When you travel from Jackson Hole Wyoming you have to make as much of the trip as you can. Everyone was great at APQS!!! I think I've heard that before.

Hope to get more involved with the forum but I'm trying to "become one with my Millienium".

Sheila Poore:):):)

Yes, I too took the Maintenance class with Amy Anderson. Wow! It really helps to be able to hear the machine running the way it is supposed to and when not! I learned so much that when I got back home I cleaned and did some of the maintenance on my Milli right away. Amy is so friendly and so informative! I would reccommend that you take this class when available as it is invaluable!

Since I live in 'Northern' Ontario, Canada, I drove 5hrs to Beamsville, Ontario to take the Maintenance class at Carol Cunningham's. I have been back there since to take Carol's Master Class in Heritage Quilting Design. She provides a positive and stimulating environment where the class is taught. We learned everything from design work, batting and their various types to threads and how to choose them. I would reccommend any class that she has to offer. You leave there feeling more confident and able to do all of those custom quilts!

I'm thinking seriously about taking this class too, but in the meantime, I had something happen tonight that I'd like others to comment on. I engaged my thread cutter and it wouldn't stop moving back and forth until I turned off the machine. This was not a total fluke as it did it several more times until I finally decided not to use it at all. I've had my Millie since June this year. I need to lower my presser foot too but my husband tried to turn the screw and stopped bc. he was afraid he'd strip it. Since I use very low loft, I'd like to adjust it but 'don't want any more problems. I have a couple quilts to do for customers and don't want to be without my Millie to do them.

Archived