Just a little fun

O.K. Kay, ( I'm using the highest pitched voice I can produce-LOL) When I'm S.I.D.ing, I use a machingers glove on my left hand to help guide the fabric under the needle and as kind of a joke to Jane, I put on a hat and had Micheal Jackson playing loudley in the background to attract her attention, when she came downstairs she just laughed. Now I do it religiously, I think Jane's charging admission for our customers to see her insane husband moon walk while stitch'in in the ditch! They get a kick out of it too.

If I'm intense and gotta get a job done and all is going well I like good old rock and roll and the oldies anywhere from Elvis to Led Zepplin, If I need to think about the next phase in the quilting, I use country, and if I have to really think I listen to classical music---Beethoven, bach, etc. If my quilting world has come to rest in the dumpster, I turn it off as I really need to think now and no noise is good noise!

You had to ask-LOL----Dave B.

Hmmmm...good one, Kay! I love White Snake, Black Sabbath, Nazareth, Rolling Stones, Boz Scaggs, Steely Dan, Eagles (That I MISSED in Louisville), Barry White, Aretha, Tammy Wynette, Tanya Tucker, Alan Jackson, Kid Rock, Leon Russell, Deep Purple. Also, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart. Anything really. Can you tell I grew up in the 60's??? hahaha

Guest Linda S

There's a great classic rock station in Corvallis, OR that comes in great on my stereo up in the quilt room (not so much in the living room downstairs). IPod has lots o' blues - Clapton, Cray, Raitt, Hooker, Mo, Salgado, Kale, etc. And then sometimes I just groove to literature. Did a custom quilt that took all 40 hours of Anna Karenina plus a Kate Wilhelm novel.

Linda

Nope, no ear thingies (they give me a headach). Just turn it up loud and dance when I have to get up to do anything. My hubby collects music, he must have a thousand CD's, cassete tapes and records. Love anything you can think of. Right now I'm putting on original Graham Parson and the Flying Burrito Brothers anthology. Hey LinneaMarie you can't get anymore 1969 than that!!

Johnny Cash or Tom Jones is cranked up as loud as I can get it, but the last CD I listened to was polka music by Bobby Vinton, and I just loved something with a solid beat. But then I'm older than some of the people who have responded.

Sharon Roos

www.roseofsharonquilting.com

Archived