Whew - glad that's over

Hi everyone. Well, I went to several quilt shops in my area and all of them took my business card and brochure except for one. The owner wanted me to bring in samples and to talk with me. (Kind of sounded like a job interview - yikes:o) I went in this morning with 4 quilts that I have finished and "SHE LIKED THEM - SHE REALLY LIKED THEM".:P She wanted me to bring her more cards and brochurs than I took as she felt I was really going to get alot of business. She asked me if I wanted to do a quilt for the shop in late September so I'm looking forward to getting a quilt with my quilting on it hanging up so that people in my area can see what it is that I do. I called my DH right away and he was so glad that she was so encouraging. And you guys are 2nd to know!!

I'll be on cloud 9 for awhile, but wanted to share my good news.:D

Congratulations....sounds like you need to get your tennies all cleaned up so you can hit the floor running.

Such great news I'm so excited for you.... But, now you can stop holding your breath and taking up all the air...it was getting a little thin up here even in New York,:P.

Hi Pattie,

Congratulations on the new "adventure" coming your way! Many happy days of quilting to you from the sunshine state, even though it's raining today. We are fast approaching our monsoon season, commonly known as hurricanes. This is where, as we quilt, we watch the trees and roofs fly by.

Keep smiling, Lyn

Thanks Ladies for all the encourageing words. My hubby also told me that he thinks I better get ready to hang on for the ride. I sure hope so. I told him that his cooking and cleaning skills may be improving. He laughed. I didn't. I'm still jazzed about her comments.

Hi Pat - Thats great - way to go! I just went to your webshots and love the

little daisy background on that donation quilt - very nice work!

Now you will have some more stuff to add to webshots too! Can't wait to

see more of your work - "just keep on going"! (That's from the new Rodney

Adkins (sp?) song - When your going through H---, just keep on going...)

I like it - my thoughts at tough times. Good Luck!

I just picked up 3 quilts for a lady who works at the LQS and I know they

will be hanging for awhile. A bit nervous, but I am also wandering what I

am going to charge her. I would like to give her a deal, but still need / want

to get paid a fair price. Thinking if I charge of overall meander, but do my

thing, ruler work and all, not sure..... I want to get them done right away

and back to her soon.

Oh Pat, I am so excited for you and so proud of you!! I knew the first time you touched the controls of the machine in Keizer you were born to LA. You Go Girl sure is appropriate. I know you are going to be so busy that your DH will have to make an appointment to see you:D

You just keep on keeping on.

You are all so encouraging to me. I know that I can always come here and see the support that everyone gives to each other. A great site to be a part of. And the words of encouragement (no matter to who) still work on me too. Thanks to you all.

Bekah - how did your class go? I was thinking of you last Friday while we were on our way up to Northern Idaho for a quick vacation with kids & grand kids. Had fun but now I'm ready to get going again on Y.G.G. I'll bet learning under Karen McT was a great day for you. I have some envy going on, but I know that I'll have my day sometime in the future. Have you definately decided against Innovations? Well, enough.

thanks again to you all.

Archived