Swallows block

It will give you a diagram of each piece and how many pieces you need. You have a choice of templates, foundation piecing or rotary cutting. If I do this block I will probably paper piece some of it or use templates. I would make a practice block and see which method I like the best. I really love working with templates because the blocks turn out so perfect.

I can email the file in EQ7. I am going to re-draft it in EQ6 (probably over the weekend).

Sandra

Guest Linda S

Very cool. Would you mind emailing me the EQ block? linda@stellarstitches.org

I've been down with the crud and can't quite manage to wrap my head around much lately. I managed to draw a NY Beauty block that's different than the ones in the library, but I can't get the patches to color in separately now. So frustrating!

Linda

Originally posted by SandraG

Meg,

The tutorials are really good so try some of them. It will make things a lot less frustrating. I usually just jump in to new software but EQ is a little tricky.

Sandra

i'm glad to hear you say that - i was beginning to think i was a big fat dope! i'm usually pretty good at figuring things out - simply because i am stubborn. didnt get much time in last night - got a case of the yawns and went to bed extra early.

glad to hear the info i want is in there somewhere!

Sandra,

That block looks wonderful, but will it still need parts to be set in? Just looking at it I do not see just half squares and triangles. I too like the precision that is achieved with paper piecing, so that might be the way for me to go.

Is it possible for you to email or send the file somehow? I am the one who originally started the search for this block and would like to surprise my husband with this in a quilt. Thanks,

Lori

Linzi, try as I might, I cannot see hst's in the sparrows block.. could you oputline in paint, or somehow explain where they are?

I believe I'd go paper piecing with about a 10" block. I often draw what I want, this one would be a teeny bit harder with the blocks not being equal to one another.

Very pretty, would be gorgeous with the brown areas all the same color and the white areas the same, but all diff colors for the sparrows. I think it would use up scraps. ??? So pretty Sandra.. thanks for posting it..

I think the set in seams is what would make this block so beautiful. Set in seams are not hard if you take the time to learn how to do them correctly. Most people sew past the 1/4 inch mark and that causes the biggest problem. I would probably paper piece the "swallows" and use templates for the rest.

Madelyn, I will get to the pdf file this weekend and send it.

Lori, do you have EQ? if so, what version?

Sandra

Sandra,

Yes I have EQ 6, although I will confess I am not proficient at all with the program. We recently installed it on the newer computer in family room and I am going through the lessons to refamiliarize myself to it. So many quilts in my head that need to be charted and graphed, good thing my fabric stash is so vast!

Lori

Archived