power cord

meg

hello all -

so - i have been experiencing some drag when i am at the far left of my table. i think it is the power cord dragging. so, i'm wondering would it be ok for me to mount my surge protector using metal wire underneath the table on the middle support bar or could this throw off my level?????

thanks in advance!

me :o

Dave, I do have the battery back-up (UPS) we have a lot of power outages (including "brown outs") so it gives me time to control the shut-down for my IQ and "Gator". It also lets me stop where I want to for an easy patter re-start/allignment. It also gives me piece of mind when the lights blink or dim. I'm probably over protective because I also have them on my other computers, embroidery machines and TVs. Call me paranoid:o It probably comes from 27 years of duty on ships that consistantly lost power just when you were in the middle of a 100 page instruction. :mad:

Meg, I have a power strip mounted under my machine right in the middle, and it hasn't caused a problem in 4 years.

Gator, I also have a UPS on the floor that the power strip is plugged into. We have a lot of power outages as well, and Dave I know all about being in the country and not getting someone out in a timely manner! The UPS also cleans up the power for when we have to run on a generator for several days.

Dave, check out www.apc.com the model I have is Back-ups sx 1500.

It is roughly 14"long, 5"wide and 8 " high.. weighs about 150 pounds. Well maybe not that heavy, but too heavy for me to lift, and I am limited on lifting, and I can barely move it around on the floor to sweep or vac.

I wouldn't be without it. Whatever you have, be sure it is strong enough to protect your machines.. Ask questions.. I really can't explain it.. we too have brown outs, and flickers now and then, plus outages.. I feel it was an investment well spent. We didn't feel any of the strips or bars were strong enough to protect Lenni. I haven't a clue what we paid but it was way over our possible price dreams..

later: checked out the website, and my model is no longer available. They do have a load of forums, chat, help, etc.. under support and learning.

Dave, I also use the APC UPS. I figure if it's good enough for an expensive computer it should work with my machines which are all run by internal computers or mother/sister boards. Someone on here said that Dawn or Amy recommended the smartking 1500A or 2000A from www.newegg.com. I know there's been a lot of discussion on here about UPS. If you do a search on here you'll find it.

Archived