It's maintenance time!!

It is machine maintenance time! Four times a year (with the season change) I check and service my machine and table. Check all of the nuts and bolts on the table and carriage, make sure everything is still level, check the brushes, oil the rocker, grease the gearbox (only if noisy), check the hook to make sure it is tight, and all other regular maintenance.

Once it's all done, I give her a big hug!!!

Sandra

Originally posted by SandraG

It is machine maintenance time! Four times a year (with the season change) I check and service my machine and table. Check all of the nuts and bolts on the table and carriage, make sure everything is still level, check the brushes, oil the rocker, grease the gearbox (only if noisy), check the hook to make sure it is tight, and all other regular maintenance.

Once it's all done, I give her a big hug!!!

Sandra

Good idea to do this 4 times a year! :) I am going to follow your idea. I know my table or carriage is a bit off cuz I feel a slight "not right" tugging sensation when moving it front to back. So... will readjust the wheels and will go through and make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. Always a good thing to do. And that rocker-- always forget to oil that thing so will make sure this is a regular habit. Thanks for the reminders! :)

What a great idea to do the check-ups as the seasons change!

I will try to make this a tradition.

Did the over-all check tonight--found some thread around the flywheel, some flaky oxidation on my new M&Ms which cleaned off easily, checked all connectors, and through all this managed to disconnect the cable that connects my horizontal channel lock. But now I know what to look for to fix that!

Thanks Sandra!

Yes, I gave my girl a nice pat and thanked her for all her hard work!;)

Archived