Trail Mix - Update-She Loves It!!

Here is the Trail Mix quilt finally finished. I asked for ideas and it was suggested to add diagonal lines following some of the trails and then feather the paths. The diagonal lines were a real challenge; so happy to have this one done! Thank you Heidi, and Victoria for your design ideas.

Edited - I used Dell's suggestion to take the quilt outside and try to get pictures in the sun. It worked; created enough shadow so the quilting shows up better. Thanks for looking!

post--13461905307547_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Judy! She said these are just scraps from other quilting projects, but her mix of fabrics is lovely. She has Thimbleberries, batiks, novelty prints, florals. It was a joy to quilt! I also loved that the color she used in the 4-patch for the trail matched the colors in the path it was traveling through. A lot of thought went into this quilt.

Thanks, Linda. She wanted feathers all over but didn't want them on the white trails. Heidi and Victoria came up with the design ideas. The paths are so large and they both suggested diagonal lines to follow the trail and break up the area. It worked! Made me stretch way out of my comfort zone; Dell held my hand, and I finally got it done! Doing the Happy Dance!

Archived