boot table runner

Cute!

If this is for you, quilt a "D" for Davenport in a circle on the top section of each boot. If it is a gift, quilt a five-pointed star in a circle. Then stitch a fill all around the circle. The rest would be quilter's choice--whatever fill you like--even a ribbon meander to mimic a lasso (like the lines in the brown fabric) with a knotted loop here and there. Line dance (appropriate, huh?) those stars and the end triangles.

It is great now and will be wonderful quilted!

I'm going to have to get that pattern!! My grandaughter would love it!! She's in the Daddy can I have a horse phase. Her room is horses and I'm doing a horse quilt for her birthday. They actually have plenty of space for a horse -- 15 acres, and she is learning to ride as one of her best friends has horses. So the boots would also be perfect!!

Hi Bonnie,

That table runner is adorable!

At one time I made a quilt with boots. I did a looping- almost lasso type meander all over it. The boots are the focus of the project, so a simple quilting design seem more appropriate I felt.

Here is a link to a pic. of the quilting.

http://picasaweb.google.com/angiesquilting/AngieSQuilts#5210415276652449986

I'm still in the "Daddy, Can I have a horse phase?" I got close once and my granddaughter had a horse for a couple of years. ...sigh...

Those boots are way too cute. I need to make one of those too. I think I have a pattern in one of my magazines but, of course, I haven't any idea which one of the 1000 or so I can't seem to throw away or give away.

The only thing I can think of is rope but it isn't all that easy freemotion. I like everyone else's ideas better.;)

Archived