My Millie is on her way home!

I don't know if you recall, but about a month ago I posted a thread about timing my machine (I think I said something like HELP TIMING). I had started hearing a rattling. Dawn and Amy came to the rescue and we started by tightening the neck collar. However, it didn't really fix the problem so I took it on myself to try timing the machine and then something bad happened and I disengaged the shaft from the gear box. Amy and Dawn again helped out and it ended up that I needed to send it in. Amy called last night with the good news "This is the call you've been waiting for - your machine is ready and running better than ever". They are such good people and service is great. They knew I was going through withdrawals!

So, at long last, my Millie is on its way home - new and improved! I should have her back next week. I will need to set up a practice piece first as the tension adjustments may have changed a bit, but I should be back in business by the week’s end.

It has been stressful for me! What do people do on Saturday and Sunday mornings? I hurt my back a few weeks ago, and my doctor said ‘No Stress’. I’m sure this is not what she meant :P, but for some reason today my back feels just fine!

So, I have a new gears, all serviced, and while it was in the shop, I decided to treat myself and have the team install new M&M wheels!

I’ve finally decided on a name for her too. Henceforth, she will be known as ‘Lady’, or if you really want to sweet talk to her - ‘M’Lady’. And of course with the Circle Lord, the Lord and Lady make quite the pair.

Thanks again to everyone who supported me last month. Your input is always valuable.

Well, Lady is home and she is all set up and she is running like new...

The APQS team did a fabulous job! She is quiet and the tension is perfect. I was a bit worried that I`d have to go through a tension re-learning curve, but it is pretty much the same as when I sent her off! All in all, it was a good experience and I think next time I won`t be as stressed.

I switched from Edgeriders to M&M's because it seemed like a good idea while it was at the factory. There have been a lot of posts about the M&M`s vs the Edgeriders, so here is my two cents:

Now, I really liked my Edgeriders and was not having any problems with them - I just jumped in on the bandwagon. I noticed a huge difference between the original black wheels that came with my Millie and the Edgeriders. I don`t notice that big of a difference between the Edgeriders and the M&M`s, except:

I`m doing all over freehand daisies on a crib panel (for practice) and the panel happened to have pre-printed daisies on it. I was able to trace the daisies on the panel very easily and quickly. I don`t think I could do that before with the Edgeriders. Either that, or my skills improved while my machine was away :P

So, that is the difference I have noticed so far, but the jury is still out. The Edgeriders are good wheels and so are the M&M`s. If someone is thinking of replacing their old original wheels, then pick up a pair of used Edgeriders - you won`t be sorry. Or go with the M&M`s right away if you don`t mind paying the extra.

If you want to switch from Edgeriders to M&M`s you will probably notice a difference, but maybe not as much as some. It is up to you. I`m not sorry I switched. I have many years ahead with Lady, and I don`t mind splurging on accesories for her.

So, my Edgeriders will go up for sale, but Myrna already put hers up for sale so I`ll wait until hers are sold and then I will post mine.

Archived