Different Double Irish Chain

I think for thread I'd either use yellow or black. I just finished a quilt using invisible, and doubt I use that again very soon. Too hard for me to see.

I'd love to see leaves or feathers on the inner border, and piano keys or peg board on the darkest.. even cross hatching would be pretty on the inner border with the piano keys.

Welcome and please keep showing picts.. Thanks

Victoria I like the idea of leaves in the red/orange border that is a great idea. Could I do those with a black on that red/orange or what color should I use because I don't think I could use a green but then again maybe I could what is everyone opinion remember I am new to this.

Rita then I could do cross hatching or piano keys on the dark blue with a dark blue thread don't you think.

As far as the body of the quilt do you both think that a swirl pattern would be okay with these borders.

I really appreciate the help. This is for my 17 year old daughter. She picked the material and the pattern and I am trying not to mess up the quilting. She is very smart when it comes to what looks right and she will see if it looks wrong and then I will be "frogging" and I don't want to "frog" a king size quilt.

Lol

I think yellow in the body of the quilt - which would lighten up those dark squares a bit.

Would love to see green leaves in that border - if you really want to bring a new color into the quilt - or match the fabric.

then yes - do with the dark blue in the out border - crosshatching would be great!

I personally would not want to quilt piano keys in a broader right next one with crosshatching in. To similar, all straight lines. Need to mix it up a bit and add some curves or loops now and then.

Good luck - have fun! I'm sure she will love it - especially if she picked out the fabrics! Looks very bright and happy!

(at first glance I thought they were smiley faces!!!) :):):)

Archived