I just took this one off the frame. It's a chuppah - the canopy used in a jewish wedding. Most of the stars have text in them - prayers and well wishes from family and friends of the bride and groom. Everyone sent me the text and I printed it to fabric and pieced the stars. ( Yes, I used 8-pointed stars rather than 6-pointed ones. The couple is mixed-faith.)

The thread is so fine and the batting is QD cotton select; I just love how the batting shows the quilting.

Lynn

post--1346190602697_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone. I'm so ready to ship this baby off. When I was putting the binding on last night, I found 3 arcs I had missed quilting. So, I put her back on the frame this morning and did those. Mother of the groom comes to see the quilt tonight before I ship it off to the mother of the bride in Connecticut in the morning.

Just a quick reminder that our customers can come for anywhere. This particular client is someone I see out walking her dog every morning when I'm out jogging or walking. Over the last three years, we've become friends as we share snippets of our lives in the early morning hours. She is a small business owner, a professional organizer, who has shared great advice with me as I've started my business. When I meet someone who can use her services, I pass on her contact info. When she needs something special made, she gives me a call. Who knew that trying to stay in shape could help one's business?

Lynn

Archived