Road to California Show Closing???

Hello everyone! Newbie here. I'm Lucy, and I love to quilt. I have a guest bedroom for my fabric and have an old Nolting Hobby quilter on a Grace table.

A good friend of mine has been thinking about being a vendor at the road to california show next year and she heard at her guild meeting that they may be closing next year. Has anyone heard about this? I wanted to see if there were any confirmed reports before my friend pays money for a booth there.

I don't think it's closing... Out of plain curiosity I just Googled Road to California (it was soooo easy to do that myself) --- and from the looks of it, this show is alive and well and going into 2012.

Rumors fly. Too bad these rumors can't be investigated first, and squished before they get spun up, and perpetuate and get people concerned.

Here's the link!

;)

http://www.road2ca.com/information.html

PS: Maybe you can edit your message to say "Road to California Show is NOT Closing"

I don't post often, if fact I have never posted, but felt the need to respond to this post.

I contacted Carolyn Reese who owns Road to California and here is Carolyn's response:

I do not have access to the forum but if you do you can quote me. "road to ca is not closing. We have several years of contracts with the convention center. The vendor mall for 2012 is full, vendor invitations and contracts have been sent. The ladies friend absolutely does not have correct information."

Carolyn Reese, owner and CEO, Road to California

I hope this puts the rumor to rest.

Sincerely,

Tom Russell

Class sign ups begin next month. Carolyn is going to have more longarm classes throughout the show and they will be six hours long instead of four. I keep checking for the faculty list to be posted. I had hoped that it would be available before the MQX sign ups began so that I could see who is going to be where. This is going to be an expensive few weeks for show registrations!

Sue

Archived