10', 12', or 14' table

I got the 12, and I don't regret it. That being said, when we discovered on delivery day (yesterday) that the rails were not going to fit inside the elevator, in or out of the box, and that the box would not go up the stairs (but the rails would, individually), I nearly cried. I live on the 9th floor. Make sure that you not only have the room for the machine at that size, but also that you can get that length of rail/pole in and out of your prospective space.

• 1 month later...

The largest I could get into my room and still walk around one side, was an 11" frame. I often do quilts that I have to park the machine over the quilt. When that happens, I just slide a piece of template plastic under my hopping foot so if I get a drop of oil, it will not get on the quilt.

I would love to have an extra foot or two, but can't do it do to space restrictions. I often do quilts that are 100" in width, and often longer in the other direction. When that happens, I can't turn the quilt to do the other borders, so I have to plan ahead. I also have to be careful when I use CL products because there isn't enough room to set it up and stitch out the designs on the left side of the quilt. What I then need to do is turn the quilt up-side-down so those designs are now on the right side of the quilt.

So, I would suggest getting at least a 12 foot frame, or 13' would be even better.

Archived