Pics of the Appliques quilt from earlier

Hi Quiltink:)

I thought I would make the pic's a little bigger so we could see details, it's a gorgeous quilt, do you have a photo of the whole quilt, I would love to see it.

I'm sorry I must of missed the earlier post, is this your quilt or for a client, It's so beautiful it could win a prize, how long has your partner been LAing?

Wonderful work girl..................:)

Oh, my gosh, let me get on my knees. The marriage of high level abilities in both applique and longarm is stunning. I love all the LA shapes which are so confidently stitched. I'm going to get my sketchbook out and try some of those shapes.

Geraldine - Is there any way of printing out the detailed picture? I'd like to save it for a collection of styles to emmulate. Thanks.

Vicki

It is a stunning quilt.

I have questions. How long did it take to piece it, more

specifically, the applique?

And what thread (brand & color) did you use to quilt it? It

almost looks variegated in a couple of spots but then it looks

like silver.

I love the techniques that you used. It is, hands down, the

best applique quilt I have ever seen.

Thank you for sharing.

To answer the questions (sorry I was gone for a few days...):

Terry has been quilting for 5 years - everything she does is custom/semi-custom. She does almost NO stipple (puzzle piece) but fills areas with her unique style of shapes and echos. She is very artistic and that certainly helps.

The quilt is my sister's - her name is Karol Saxberg from Oregon - and yes it belongs in some shows! She will start the process soon. She did all the needle turn applique with silk thread (12-15 stitches to the inch, I might add!!) at a handwork club she belongs to - it meets for a couple hours once a week - and it took over six years. She did NOT plan each block, but had a huge selection of fabric scraps and picked up fabrics as she went just trying not to have the same in an area.

The thread used for quilting was a variagated in the border area (superior rainbow #814) which came out into the field to blend them together.... and a gray green (rheingold 677 662)in the field. She had a slightly different fabrick in the border than the field and I thought they needed to blend seamlessly rather than stopping at the border seam - thus the thread choices. I love color and that's usually my contribution to Terry's quilting.

Watch for this quilt!!! I bet it will at least get some attention at shows, lol.

Kathy - WOW!! What an AWESOME quilt!! LOVE the applique and the

quilting - as everyone has already said - but hey - just beautiful and needs

to be said again and AGAIN!!! Thanks so much for sharing the photos!!

Your sister did well - hope that it wins MANY ribbons! I work of labor and

love like that - 6 years?!?!? Wow! Way to go! Not sure that I would have

been able to stick with it that long to make a full quilt!

I was going to mention that when I put my mouse arrow over a photo, a

little pop-up window appears and I can either print out that photo or email

it to me or what ever. Very handy when you want to try something out at

a different time when you can play! Never fails that I am in the middle of

a cusomters quilt when I see something new I want to try!!

Archived