Bottom Line Thread users- question for you

Anyone out there use Superior's Bottom Line thread in both the top and bottom? Did you do that for piecing and/or quilting? I have several cones of this thread, and since I 99.9% of the time use Sew Fine for both piecing and quilting, was wanting some feedback on using this thread. I see a lot of you use it in the bobbin when running Sew Fine on top, but I was wondering about using it both top and bottom. TIA, Sally

I use Bottom Line on both topand bottom when I do small background fills, lines, cross hatching, etc. Sometimes I use it for stitching in the ditch and outlining applique, other times I use invisible thread on top for that (but Bottom Line in the bobbin). I don't use it for piecing, I use So Fine for that, like you.

I've used it top & bobbin for quilting fine detail or dense fills. For piecing, it is not strong enough. The only exception would be if you are piecing a miniature and a 50 weight thread is too bulky...in that case the 60 weight takes up less room in a 1/4" or 1/8" seam.

Guest Linda S

I used it top and bottom for my whole cloth quilt. I use Masterpiece for piecing, and I use the Bottom Line assorted color bobbins to do my applique (so I have lots of thin, slippery thread in a great assortment of colors).

Linda

Archived